Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mim_E
Reel Rookie

activated channels won't launch

I have confirmed that Peacock and ABC are activated on Roku, yet I can't get them to launch.

Also, Roku messes with my TV settings. For example, it turned off my external speaker system, and I had to reset it.

Roku also sometimes requires me to get back to viewing my TV by going to the TV and pressing the Input button, since that button sometimes does not work on my TV remote.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: activated channels won't launch

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @Mim_E!

No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible. May we first know if your subscription is on both Peacock and ABC channels under Roku or directly from the apps?

As a workaround, we suggest performing a troubleshooting procedure by trying to remove the app by highlighting the app tiles, pressing the star* button on your remote to select "Remove channel", and performing a system reboot by pressing Settings > System > Power (if unavailable, proceed to the next step) > System restart, then re-installing the app through our Channel Store website.

In addition, you can use our Roku Mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. For further details and assistance, kindly refer to our support link on how to install the Roku mobile app. Lastly, would you mind letting us know what model your external speaker is?

We'll be looking forward to your response, as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns, and your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mim_E
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply, Carly. It may be a while until I can follow your troubleshooting solutions. All I can tell you at this point is I have a 2018 Sonos external speaker system, but that shouldn’t at all affect how Peacock and ABC load, right?

I don’t know what my Roku version is and don’t know how to check to see if my mobile phone will work on my version. All I know is that I usually have to go to my TV and press Input to get out of Roku for the few times I’ve used it over the years, and that my audio system preferences change and have to be reset, which is annoying, which is why I don’t use Roku a lot.

I’ll follow up with this as time permits. Thanks.

Regards,
Mim_E.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the additional information, @Mim_E!

Just to clarify, does the audio issue you've been experiencing only happen to both apps mentioned above? Have you tried to check for your external speaker and TV's compatibility? 

Furthermore, you can check for the current version of your Roku streaming device by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > About. Other than this, we would still be looking forward to your update. We hope to hear back from you soon!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mim_E
Reel Rookie

Carly,

There was no "audio issue." The problem was that I could not launch the two apps (Peacock or ABC), even though it was confirmed that they are installed.

I'll look for the current version next time I open Roku. It might be a while. There are other, more pressing issues I'm dealing with.

Thanks.

Mim_E.

0 Kudos