Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bamabama
Channel Surfer

YoutubeTV only works if I restart Roku everytime

Just got a pair of Express 4K+ units for our first foray into streaming.  Am a family member on my son's YoutubeTV account so set that up.  It works on one unit but only if you restart the roku everytime you exit YoutubeTV.  Just setup the other unit and it works all the time.  

I have done the whole list I found on the internet with reloading the app, restarting to default settings, checking for updates, clearing the cache.  Nothing changes.

Seems like it must be the unit, though it makes no sense why since it is totally fine running on the other unit.  Am I right to ask for new unit?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YoutubeTV only works if I restart Roku everytime

@bamabama

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bamabama
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  I did that as well with no luck. 

Just this afternoon, it now told me the HDMI cable was not working so I had to power down and unplug/plug in the cable.  Then it was fine.

0 Kudos
bamabama
Channel Surfer

Thread bump.

0 Kudos
bamabama
Channel Surfer

final thread bump.  still have to restart youtubeTV after each exit of the app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@bamabama

We apologize for the delay in response.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bamabama
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply.  I do have it plugged into the wall and NOT the usb.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@bamabama

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Contact Us - YouTube TV Help

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bamabama
Channel Surfer

I will do this.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos