Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueGiant
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube on Roku no longer allows playback speed adjustment like on a browser.

Jump to solution

I agree.  I use YouTube all the time and it’s crazy that this functionality has been removed.

Roku needs to stand up for its users and let Google know that they need to restore this functionality.

This is not the type of issue that is best addressed by users, it’s part of the relationship between Google and Roku and needs to be addressed at that level.

Antarza
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube on Roku no longer allows playback speed adjustment like on a browser.

Jump to solution

This has been going on forever and Roku keeps pointing the finger at someone else.  I finally got an Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max to attach to my ROKU TV's HDMI port.  Sad to have to do this in order to slow down and speed up Youtube videos like I used to before with Roku screwed things up.  I'll never get another Roku TV again.  They have too many limitations compared to Android TV boxes or TV sticks.

Cobranut
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed.
Google doesn't listen to individual users. We need Roku to step up and help your paying customers out.

0 Kudos
Cobranut
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I second this 100%!!!

If Roku won't stand up for their customers and pressure Google into complying, then we'll have to go elsewhere for our entertainment.

This is THE deciding factor as to whether I'll continue to be a Roku customer going forward.
I suspect it is for many others as well.

0 Kudos
Cobranut
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Looks like we may be going that route as well, if Roku doesn't fix this issue soon.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Roku Community!

It is important to keep in mind that Roku has no control over how an individual channel functions within the channel's user interface. They will most likely provide a variety of app bundles tailored to the platform, and the channel partner is solely responsible for the management of these apps.

Because there may be some instances in which the particular channel provider demands additional information or facts on the subscribers that we do not have access to, we recommend to our customers that they get in touch with the channel provider directly.

Kindly refer to this link for YouTube support's contact information: YouTube help

Thanks for your understanding!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cobranut
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And once again, you offer NO real help in this matter.
You may not have CONTROL over Youtube content, but you certainly have INFLUENCE over them.

If Roku doesn't have enough users to have some clout with Youtube, perhaps you need to improve your customer service, and increase your customer base.

Otherwise, my business will definitely be going elsewhere.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Google removed this from smart tvs a while ago. Here is a thread from android tv. Android TV is Google product.

https://support.google.com/androidtv/thread/208538509/youtube-video-speed-option-not-show-in-android...

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Youtube removed play back from chrome cast. Chrome cast is Google product.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Chromecast/Google-TV-Chromecast-YouTube-Playback-Speed-Contro...

0 Kudos
parsons37
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I feel this is a problem with Roku they should contact YouTube and get this corrected.

My Roku TV and my Roku device was working up until last month March 2024. Other people seem to have this problem long ago.

0 Kudos