Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube TV stopped streaming

Jump to solution

When opening YouTube on my Hisense Roku TV, nothing plays.  Only a still image and spinner, never starts playback.  Only affecting live video.  Works on PS5 without issue on TV.  Youtube also freezes after ads.  All other streaming apps work fine.  I've uninstalled app and reinstalled.  No change.  Logged off and back on, no change.  Updated all software, no change.  Cleared Roku cache, no change.  Please help...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube TV stopped streaming

Jump to solution

Hi @Soundgate,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for contacting us about this. Playback issues can happen sometimes when a specific channel needs an update or a refresh. We recommend taking a closer look at the troubleshooting provided by our support page here on how to resolve the channel playback issues.

If it keeps acting, we recommend sharing this issue with the channel support team. They might need to release an update to resolve the issue. It's important to note as well that most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel provider.

You can reach them here: YouTube TV Help.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
whitesmaverick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
It sounds like you've tried all the main troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, you might want to contact Roku support directly or check YouTube's help resources for specific issues with Roku TVs.
0 Kudos
Soundgate

Jump to solution

Same problem for me.  App allows me to log in and pick user, but will not play live content.  
dvr works fine for recorded programs. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Soundgate,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for contacting us about this. Playback issues can happen sometimes when a specific channel needs an update or a refresh. We recommend taking a closer look at the troubleshooting provided by our support page here on how to resolve the channel playback issues.

If it keeps acting, we recommend sharing this issue with the channel support team. They might need to release an update to resolve the issue. It's important to note as well that most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel provider.

You can reach them here: YouTube TV Help.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCinFC

Jump to solution

Same issue on my HiSense Roku TV just to add to this thread in case a solution is found.

I have a Hisense Roku TV 65R8F purchased in 2020, has worked perfectly up until about a month ago when YTTV suddenly would not play live stream channels. All other apps work perfectly fine, the problem is only with YTTV app and only with Live viewing; the save library programs on YTTV still playback just fine as well. Every possible troubleshooting idea has been attempted; Uninstall / reinstall of YTTV app; total factory reset on the TV itself; all software updates reloaded; power cycles and resets. Also, all other Roku TV's and devices work perfectly on the same YTTV account and home network. Here's all the info I could find in case anyone technical looks into this:

Hisense TV 65R8F; hardware ID C208X; Software Vers 13.0.0 Build 24062-94

YTTV Just for Nerds info page: Viewport / Frames: 1920x1080*2.00 / -

YTTV Network Activity: 0KB   Buffer Health 9.26s

YTTV Live Mode: Manifestless, Windowed, Optimized for Normal Latency

0 Kudos
Mamaoak

Jump to solution

Having same issue on Hisense Roku TV with YouTube tv and live programs. Have also tried all solutions. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.