Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhembo325

Re: Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

Same here..my other apps are responding fine but when clicking on Youtube and Youtubetv an alert pops up stating no internet connection.

Jump to solution

Same here I even checked my internet connection and it says excellent, I uninstalled and then reinstalled, same error message pops up. It’s only the YouTube app that’s not connecting…all other apps are working fine.

klrkt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have two Roku devices, 2 computers, 1 tablet, 1 smartphone.

Youtube worked on BOTH devices for years

- now suddenly does NOT work on either Roku device. 

Now Youtube still works on 2 computers, 1 tablet, 1 smartphone. - with different userId

Now Youtube still works on 1 computers, 1 tablet, 1 smartphone. - with same userId

Now, as stated above Youtube does NOT work on either Roku device. 

NOT work means - it is reporting a network connection issue

Obviously NOT the problem, because ALL other channels work on both Roku devices - without any problems.

I reluctantly removed Youtube channel from 1 device and re-installed it.

NOPE still not connecting.

RESET Roku device 

NOPE still not connecting.

To me it is obviously a Roku, - Youtube issue.

Any ideas?

rrandall

YouTubeTV no longer working

Jump to solution

YouTubeTV channel gets error "No connection" "Connect to the Internet now, or set up later at: Settings>Network>Check connection.  unable to arrow or hit ok to "Set it up later" (which is highlighted), only option is to hit home button.  this is on the 4K+ streaming stick

our ISP lost connectivity for about 8 hours last night.

youtube tv working on phone and laptop.

all other channels work

i uninstalled YouTubeTV and reinstalled

restarted Roku

powered off Roku

factory reset Roku

none of this worked

2 Roku TVs doing same thing

0 Kudos
glgoodsell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I did a restart, then reinstalled YouTube withe same result on my Roku devices. I tried YouTube on my Firestick and it worked just fine. 

Jump to solution

I am able to connect through wifi/internet via YouTube TV on mobile device and also through cellular over the  air.  All other streaming services work through roku devices both hardwired and wireless.   Tried all of the local fix options for varying roku platforms, YouTube and YouTubeTV will not connect to services through roku devices.

TT176

Jump to solution

Nothing worked, yt still doesn’t work!!

1. Uninstalled yt

2. restarted Roku

3. installed yt

4. restarted Roku

5. started yt

Yt started but before the login screen it throws an error saying that ‘No connection’. Started happening in the last hour.

Other apps work fine, like Directv and Netflix

looks like this might be wide spread, Roku support you need to get on this and stop telling us to connect to the internet or restart the Roku.

Rhembo325

Jump to solution

BTW...my other smart devices can receive Youtube and YoutubeTV...it's obviously a Roku issue

Jump to solution

Yes it happens on HiSense with Roku Built in and the stand alone devices.  YouTube app on non-Roku devices are working.  YouTube on their app and website of course are also working.

I was just told by a Roku CSR this is a problem with Google/YouTube and the app they have provided to Roku.

So here's a big reason to turn off auto update 🙂

pdavis
Reel Rookie

WTFs up w/ YouTube, ROKU?

Jump to solution

ROKU, is theYouTube App busted, unsupported, or what?

0 Kudos