Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
is2messiah
Reel Rookie

Re: No Connection Message Spam

Jump to solution

It is resolved.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Piroschak

Re: YouTube not working. tried all the before mentioned fixes

Jump to solution

You tube tv not connecting

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I continue to get the "No Connection" message. Yes, I've followed the detailed instructions and I even went out of my way to buy the Roku Ultra, thinking that my original Roku was old and a refresh would do the trick, but unfortunately it did not and I'm a bit disappointed. After several minutes YT does load but its slow and then it buffers for a few more minutes for each video to start. No other channels buffer so poorly.  I like Roku, but I assume Roku and YouTube continue to battle each other and is the reason the technical glitch still exists.  I have kids and we all like to watch our favorite YouTubers through the Roku and its sucks that YT is so **bleep** on Roku.  Not sure which party is to blame. Maybe you can tell me more. No other streaming channels have issues. We can watch YT via the smart tv's own access but with everything else on Roku it's an extra step and kinda annoying. What else can we do? I'm a fan of your products and sad that the struggle still exists.

0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm just a user, like you - no connection to Roku.

This is an odd issue, and I am just curious, but a few details may help you and others.

First, can you try logging into YouTube with another ID?

Do you have parental control on?

I assume that YouTube works fine on other devices in the same home, same login ID - can you please confirm?

Once in a blue moon, I may access a channel, and have to "wait" - I just hit "Home" and then re-connecting usually solves the problem.

I know it is a pain, but can you delete just YouTube and try it with ONLY activation, NO subsciption?

That's all I can think of...

All the best, but let me know. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MichaelB333

Thank you for the post!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the "No Connection" message and slow buffering on your Roku device, specifically with the YouTube channel. Here are a few things you can try to help resolve this issue:

• Check your internet connection: The "No Connection" message could indicate that there is an issue with your internet connection. Try restarting your modem and router, and then connect your Roku device to your network again. You can also try running a speed test to ensure that your internet connection is working properly.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure that your Roku device has the latest software updates. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > System update. If there are any updates available, follow the prompts to download and install them.
  • Clear cache and data: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. This will clear the cache and data for the Roku device and reset the network connection.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube channel: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube channel to see if that resolves the issue. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mab33

Jump to solution

This same issue with YouTube started happening to me today.  I have tried all the above steps without success. Any news?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mab33

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mab33

Jump to solution

All other channels work normally. YouTube is the only channel that isn't working.  Sometimes I get a No Internet Connection message anf the channel won't load, but most of the time the channel appears to load, but then after a few seconds it turns black.  If I press a button on the remote I can get it to scroll through a menu one item at a time, but very quickly after I get an image the screen goes black again. It's been going on for a few days now. 

I have restarted my modem, router and roku device. I've pulled the power plug on all devices as well and waited for 60 seconds. I removed the channel, restarted roku and added channel. I've reset the network connection. I've done all these things multiple times without any change.  All the other channels on Roku stream like normal without any issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Mab33

Thank you for the post!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the YouTube channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to YouTube support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos