Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitkat2010

Re: Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. When I try opening YouTube, it says not connected to WiFi. However, my other apps work fine.

I tried youtube on my phone and TV and it does work, so it is not down.

I also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, now the app freezes my Roku and I can't do anything.

Muse3sqrd

Jump to solution

This is only the you tube channel. All other channels work great.   This is only via roku TV and Roku streaming devices.  Com mourners and phones and tablets can all access. I have taken all steps. 

confirmed connection 

confirmed latest updates 

deleted and reloaded you tube app.  

please advise

mtnroad12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yep, ruku has a problem connecting to youtube

mtnroad12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yep, exactly the same here.

tommarker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuLianna

I can confirm that this did not resolve the issue with my device.

X6
Reel Rookie

No Connection Message Spam

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a Roku™ 3 And A "55 Onn Roku™ TV User, When I Open Up YouTube On My Roku™ 3, I Get A Message Saying "No connection" Even Though My Internet Works Fine And Ran A Internet Test, Can Someone Explain The Issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Skunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It looks like the last time this happened, it took YouTube 5 days to admit it was a problem on their side, how about we try to beat that pitiful record this time YouTube?

Beachbum2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ditto - Internet fine, other Roku apps are also fine. Rebooting was futile. I am in Aberdeen Wa. The problem is appearing on Downdector.com, for Western Washington. I wonder if Roku repair knows? Anyone know how to report a problem to Roku?

Mule_Skinner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same as all the above, hard reset, update, remove channel, add channel....Youtube is showing "Not Connected" and not getting past the loading screen.  Also, the remote is not responding on that screen.  Wired connection here.

SC12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem. Roku Express / YouTube has No internet connection on either Mediacom or USCellular data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and unplugged the roku device for 3 minutes. I have excellent data  service on other roku channels