Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Your update is garbage and needs to be fixed

I own 3 Roku TVs and all of the apps launch on my TVs. You might want to restart your devices from the system menu.

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Ther reset doesn't work.  Furthermore, it doesn't matter how many devices you have since it is not caused by hardware.  The problems always occur in the evening when there is heavy usage and is related to backend database performance.  The queries need to be optimized.  Roku knows this already but will not admit to it publicly.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

My 3 tvs are always on and streaming during very busy times.

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Good for you, but what about the multiple users reporting the same issues over and over again.  Do you think we are just making stuff up to be a pain in the ***?.

0 Kudos
geoben

I have multiple Rokus, all of them are experiencing the same basic, underlying problem. They only work fine for a couple of days, then they need to be reset. Some of my Rokus are years old, my newest one is in a TCL Roku TV. This has been happening mostly during this year. Software is up to date. This products software has gone into the garbage. I bought this Roku TV because I had a previous Roku set, but the lcd screen went out. It was a good set, I even bought a Roku sound system for it, worked flawlessly. i.e. never had to reset. If Roku can't or won't fix this problem, I will not buy another product of theirs. I know, just a simple reset routine a couple times a week and every things fine.  But it really gets annoying after a while, especially in the middle of a show.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @geoben,

Thanks for the post, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We want to know more specific details on the underlying problem you had. Would you mind providing more details regarding the issue? What specific behavior have you noticed that brought you to reset your Roku device? Furthermore, what specific Roku device are you having issues with?

Tell us more about this, we're glad to help.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos