Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonbon2

YouTube suddenly not available to me. Have Roku Express

Suddenly when I try to access YouTube (as I have for as long as I have been using the updated Roku Express) a notification comes on telling me that I don't have enough memory and can remove channels . I have removed quite a few and still I cannot access YouTube. What can I do to fix this? YouTube has been my main "go to" channel.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube suddenly not available to me. Have Roku Express

Hi @Bonbon2,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with Youtube prompting you with not enough space. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Have you tried removing Youtube from the Roku home screen? Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Bonbon2-

First thing I would try would be a restart of the Roku.

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and wait for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
raflemin

My youtube app in roku was not working properly so I had the smart idea to remove the app and then reinstall.  What happened was that after uninstalling it,  I could not find the youtube channel  again to install it. It does not appear in the search results, I  tried to upgrade the sotware, then restarted, then went to use factory settings, then I went onliine to the roku channel store and it simply stated- 

Your search did not return any channels.

So I am at a loss.

0 Kudos
raflemin

Youtube dissappeared and/or was removed from the home screen when I removed the channel.   The problem is that the channel is nowhere to be seen to reinstall not in my roku or in the channel store in roku

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@raflemin, what's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About and where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
raflemin

My model Ultra LT 4662X.  I have a different model in another room and its the same thing. Likewise I went to my Roku account searching for you tube channel  and it does not appear as a channel to download.

I'm in the Caribbean but that has nothing to do with this.  I have been using Roku for many many years and had multiple models and  never had problem with Youtube.  I know YoutubeTV is not available in my area, but at least it shows up as a channel.  With YouTube, its just nowhere to be seen not even in my online  account in Roku.

0 Kudos
raflemin

Miraculously, when I disconnected everything and let it off for 10 minutes and reconnected,  you tube appeared in the search and I was able to download it.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos