Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattOrgan

YouTube app update October 2022

The YouTube app on my Roku updated yesterday, October 6, 2022. Now, all the previously available YouTube options are all gone. The Subscriptions, History, etc, that was all previously available on the left hand menu bar are all gone.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube app update October 2022

I'm fully up to date and everything is there. If it hasn't fixed itself, you can try simply rebooting the Roku first and see if that helps clear it up. There have been issues in the past with YouTube where menu items disappear due to configurations with YouTube themselves.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@MattOrgan-

Others have reported that this issue has fixed itself.  Presumably YouTube one again screwed up an update to their channel app and have now issued a fix.

You can force a check for updates via Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
itzmefantazia
Reel Rookie

After update I have my menu but in home, my recommendations isn't first. If I can't fix I will have to cancel my subscription. I'm not going to scroll for minutes everytime I get through watching a video. I've had a subscription for a decade now. I mostly watch YouTube.  But this is getting  ridiculous.   I've reset, I've che ked all settings,  I've cleared all history and I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@itzmefantazia

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WoodrowLow

Thanks. I like it. If you're a student, I've got the perfect post for you. I've already recommended this website to my sister so she can simply do her projects. Since all pupils finish their tasks from here. Here is the hyperlink: writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/cyber-security/. This link will allow you to read the content. Additionally, you can find detailed instructions on how to compose an essay.

0 Kudos
amblin

The update has cluttered my YouTube with stuff I have no interest in. They need to fix it so we can customize our own account to our own interests or just shut it down.

Google thinks they have the right to cram all their liberal ideology on everyone. At least give us the opportunity to delete or remove from my account what I have no interest in. 

Better yet, just show videos that match your library and subscriptions.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @amblin

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to YouTube support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

You can reach them here

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GeraldParks
Reel Rookie

I have already updated

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.