Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SK2024
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV have to sign in frequently

Jump to solution

Did you ever solve your problem about YouTube tv on Roku requiring frequent sign-ins? It now does it to me every time I try to access YouTube tv app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: You Tube TV have to sign in frequently

Jump to solution

Hi @SK2024,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, select power, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You may reach out to YouTube support here.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: You Tube TV have to sign in frequently

Jump to solution

Hi @SK2024,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, select power, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You may reach out to YouTube support here.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
SK2024
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV have to sign in frequently

Jump to solution

I had to pay my original home theater/AV professional to work on this issue, and while he was ultimately successful, I could not keep track of him many moves/solutions. I recall that replacing the YouYube channel app was not sufficient. He did a variety of things that almost appeared random! He replaced the app, he used my Samsung TV remote to change items for the TV, he plugged my Roku device directly into my wall outlet so it was not powered through the tv, and he made some changes in my Roku remote. This all took at least an hour. Sorry I cannot help others with precise instructions!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SK2024 wrote:

...he plugged my Roku device directly into my wall outlet so it was not powered through the tv...

It was most likely this.  An inadequate power supply can cause all kinds of strange problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SK2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sounds clearly possible as power supply can cause other problems. Last night I got a notice on the TV screen that I had insufficient power for the Roku even though it was plugged into the wall outlet. I actually had unplugged it and all other electrical cords to shut everything down after my screen went entirely blank during a movie! To get Roku to work after unplugging it I selected to move it to another outlet on my power bar and then it worked. I have also been getting HDMI notices that require me to unplug everything and that might impact the prongs on the Roku adapter. All very frustrating. For the first time I’m thinking about restarting my old cable TV service, but my other 3 Roku TVs are working fine. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.