Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elad1922

Re: YouTube Chinese interference

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same thing on news channel on YouTube on my ROKU tv.  Does this mean that they have hacked my internet? 

That was a BS answer from ROKU because they are not addressing the real problem.

HunyBuny1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

that's how I feel, hacked.  But whose to know for sure?  

I do not pay for a YouTube subscription;   so perhaps I wouldn't have the interference if I were to purchase their plan. 

I also noticed lately that my whole YouTube format has changed - and the type of videos and information that I typically watch on YouTube are not there....I now need to search for them all over again. (?)  

Someone doesn't like my preferences within YouTube?  

In particular I could say this has happened with my political news choices.  I don't care to hear the bulls*it from the 'other side' and now I'm having to skip over all of those shorts and videos - that are being suggested to me.  

RichardTawfeek
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem mainly fox programming,never cnn or the other so called news channels.

RichardTawfeek
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's happening to me in st.louis mo. It's mainly affecting fox news programming ,and some kc chiefs programming,never on democrats news outlets like cnn msnbc and other democrat propaganda (news)channels I think it's China's way of trying to thwart Donald Trumps election. They fear Trumps plans. Last time They released covid to stop our progress. Don't know what to do except spread the word.

RichardTawfeek
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I found a solution to the problem.If you know the channel you want to watch Fox CNN or what ever it is you can search that channel and find your program without interruption. Just tried it works fine.

0 Kudos
RichardTawfeek
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's not commercials it's foreign interference. One solution is do a youtube search for your channel ie

Fox cnn ESPN or whatever find your program watch without interference.

Jump to solution

Huny busy, just a FYI, I do pay for the premium you tube and I have the Chinese crocheting, coloring, etc.  Drives me nuts.  I wonder of they are seeing into my home?

HunyBuny1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

you've got to wonder right?

I also heard something about 'anyone' can pay to put something into YouTube.  IDK if that's true and I haven't looked into it....but really this Chinese girl's crocheting lessons are boring as He*l and she can pay to send it all around the world?   There is something definitely wrong with this.   Aside from the fact that it interferes into whatever you 'chose' to watch.  I definitely did not ask to watch her and shouldn't be made to automatically.

Not sure if this needs to be addressed by ROKU, or by YouTube.

Makes me think of the Chinese secret balloon that was able to fly all across the USA before they shot it down over the ocean on the entire other side of the country.  wth?!  

HunyBuny1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thank  you.  It's not a solution....but it's a way around the issue.

Glad I'm not paying for YouTube.

Wish the higher-ups (or should I say people in charge) would take responsibility, do their job and stop the interference.

Apple1717

Jump to solution

This Chinese interference started long before the ballon's. It has been going on for years.If anyone comes up with a solution, please post it.

it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.