Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcgc50
Roku Guru

YouTube Channel Audio Issue

Jump to solution

Over the past several days some clips on YT play without audio. These same clips will play fine on my PC and android phone. I was watching a number of Jim Gaffigan clips and when this happens there is no audio from the beginning. Closing the clip and returning doesn't help.

I removed the YT channel, restarted the Roku device and re-installed and it still didn't work. I have also found it's not happening on other clips by other creators.

I believe this is the info you will need for this:

3820X, X01700CV96X1, Device ID: S08Y418V96X1, OS 11.5.0 build 4312-CU
YouTube 2.22 build 110005090
 issue ID X1-057-875

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube Channel Audio Issue

Jump to solution

It appears I've solved it. It required a factory reset of the stick and now audio is back where it hadn't been working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @jcgc50

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the YouTube channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting YouTube Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have done that and they've blamed anything but their channel including my internet connection or the Roku device. Of course, I'm not having this issue with any other Roku channel.

I was hoping your company had a better contact option.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jcgc50,

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Does this happen on all content on Youtube or just specific titles?
  • Are you pausing content when the issue occurs?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your channel issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The problem has now spread to Prime Video channel. The step to produce it is to press play or select the show or clip. I'm not pausing them. I've gone through the process of removing and installing Prime Video again which did not fix it.

The clips on Youtube vary, it isn't from one channel or creator on that app. It isn't happening on all content not even most of it but it is generally occurring more than once each time I use the channel which is everyday several times a day.

As to Prime I was watching a program on that earlier today with no issue. Now, I've tried 5 different programs and none of them have sound although the one I didn't finish earlier still has sound. 

I need to add that all of these clips or shows work fine through the same streaming sources through the Samsung TV and the problem is just audio not issue with video through the Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jcgc50, are you using any of the "Volume modes" found under "Sound settings" when you press the * button while playing a video?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm using leveling and have been for a few years. Good idea though. I just tried it on one of the clips on YT that won't play the audio and turning that off didn't help.

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It appears I've solved it. It required a factory reset of the stick and now audio is back where it hadn't been working.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've had issues with that leveling setting in the past like changing it doesn't take effect immediately.  I often have to stop and resume the video to get it to "take".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos