Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtpandme2
Channel Surfer

Re: Wrong local channels on Hulu Live

Jump to solution

Ok thanks. I’ve done all of this and still don’t have my local channels. Instead I have channels from another state. So frustrating 

0 Kudos
Jtpandme2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So after a lot of troubleshooting with Hulu, I realized my Roku ip address was diff than what I was looking up on ipchicken.com. Once I gave Hulu my Roku ip address and they plugged that in on hulus end, logged out of Hulu then back in, boom my local channels were back. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate the efforts you've taken in troubleshooting the Hulu app.

We highly recommend contacting the channel providers directly about this issue since many channels and apps on Roku are developed, managed, and updated by the providers themselves. They will be able to provide further information regarding this matter.

You may reach them here: Hulu Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jtpandme2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Carly, I posted a fix above.  As soon as Hulu matched the ip address of my Roku the problem was resolved.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jtpandme2.

We appreciate you sharing your resolution. This will help out other users who might be experiencing the same issue.

I hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
TimmyTwo2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My channels were listing Greensboro, NC and I'm in Charlotte, NC. I logged out of Hulu on my Roku and back in, my Roku now pulls my Charlotte, NC locals again!

0 Kudos
TimmyTwo2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And...after a few hours it's back to Greensboro, NC locals and logging out and back in doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Jtpandme2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My solution is posted in this thread. You’ll have to call Hulu and provide them with the Roku IP address to fix. Go into the Roku menu screen to find the ip address. 

0 Kudos
TimmyTwo2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only IP my menu shows is my internal IP my router assigned to it and my routers default gateway IP. Those both have 192.168.1.# sequencing and aren't WAN related.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TimmyTwo2, use a site like http://icanhazip.com/ to get your public IP address.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.