Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shay40
Reel Rookie

Wrong local channels on Hulu Live

Jump to solution

I have a Roku hooked up to my Tv. In the past week or so, the wrong local channels started showing up on my Hulu Live. Hulu did all they can do, internet company is no help. However, the right channels show on my Hulu app on my phone, it's just the tv that's an issue. I've reset everything, changed passwords, etc. Is this a Roku issue? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wrong local channels on Hulu Live

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Hulu channel. We're happy to assist you with this. Kindly try the recommended basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
We hope this helps. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Hulu channel. We're happy to assist you with this. Kindly try the recommended basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
We hope this helps. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djones8081

Jump to solution

When watching Hulu Live on my desktop the local channels are correct.  On my roku I've performed the listed suggestions w/o success.   My local news channels are not local.   

I've removed the Hulu app from the Roku, rebooted the Roku and the wrong local channels are still replacing the local channels. 

This just started this week 6/16/24

0 Kudos
Shay40
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine finally returned to normal last week. I did all the reboots and other suggestions with no luck. So I just gave up. Then last week, I turned on TV and they were back to normal. It was so weird. Hopefully the same will happen for you soon. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.