Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Wondrium (The Great Courses Plus) channel will not launch

Jump to solution

Today I found that the Wondrium (The Great Courses Plus) channel closes after launch. The channel opens, displays a logo, then immediately closes.

I tried removing the channel, rebooting, updating, then adding the channel back. It did not solve the problem. (I also tried powering off by disconnecting power then powering back on instead of rebooting, it had no effect.)

My Wondrium subscription costs me $150.00 per year.

- Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
Device Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ00A4777475
Device ID: CK386A777475
Software OS/Version: 13.0.0 Build 24056-46
GC Version: 11.6.21

- Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel
Yes, Wondrium (The Great Courses Plus), Version 7.0 Build 0

- Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
75-223-955 (Timestamp: 2024-06-04T12:35:32Z)

- Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Add and launch Wondrium (The Great Courses Plus) on a Roku 4660X (2017 Roku Ultra). The channel opens, displays a logo, then immediately closes.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wondrium (The Great Courses Plus) channel will not launch

Jump to solution

Hi @Chuck1108 @Psilobite,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your report and additional details about this playback issue with this channel. For additional assistance, we recommend communicating this to the channel support team. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel providers themselves. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Chuck1108

Jump to solution

Same issue with me except add that "Wondrium" logo is replaced by "Great Courses Plus"

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chuck1108 @Psilobite,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your report and additional details about this playback issue with this channel. For additional assistance, we recommend communicating this to the channel support team. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel providers themselves. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Moose1488

Jump to solution

Today is the day they are switching from wondrium to the Great courses plus. I got an email a few days ago about the servers being down a bit because of the switch.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuERey wrote:

For additional assistance, we recommend communicating this to the channel support team.

Um, what? How do I "communicate to the channel support team"? I posted in the "Channels & Viewing" forum here. Are you saying this is no longer the place to communicate problems with channels? If that's the case, please post specific instructions on how to contact the appropriate individuals for future issues.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.