Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spr123

Will Roku provide a Newsmax+ app to watch the channel?

If there is a way to stream the new paid Newsmax+ service, please indicate how to open it.

Newsmax on Roku currently shows Newsmax2. Not Newsmax+.

17 REPLIES 17
Ticked-off

Re: Will Roku provide a Newsmax+ app to watch the channel?

Well that answer basically stinks. I have been trying for two days to find out how to get it. Newsmax itself is so bloody busy I guess that they haven't called me back or answered my emails and want me to pay for a  subscription to help answer my questions.  Now I'm stuck with getting Newsmax+ only on my Ipad, which is unacceptable. Guess I'll watch on that until my free trial ends then cancel it.  Does anybody have any other suggestions?  I have run into the same problem with my FireTV. search results come up EMPTY!!!  I would have thought that Newsmax would have known about this before launching.   

vancraft
Channel Surfer

I got a call-back yesterday from Newwsmax. They told me to

watch for a roku update on Nov. 2nd.

(as of noon it still hasn't published.
When it does, they say it will have a subscriber login for accessing the live cable channel.
The annual subscription is less than 14 cents per day, so I'll gladly pay for it.
I also asked thenm to try to crate an audio app for mobile devices, so I can listen to the live news during my work. 
The video shuts off when my screen goes off, and it drains my battery very rapidly.

This was poorly managed by newsmax. I currently have to use a chromecast and laptop to watch newsmax on my TV.
Newsmax is also doing hourly announcements and pitches for subscrriptions, but you can only see them if you already have a subscription or a cable package that already includes the premium access.
So stupid!
Newsmax should have secured the new Roku app ahead of time, and ran ads all of last week, so folks could taken care of this without interuptions.
Newsmax needs better management.

ElricOfMelnibon
Reel Rookie

I would think if there was such a thing as a newsmax+ app there would be a link to download it from the newsmax website, There isnt, I have paid for it so im using a that tablet we all have that is not our main device and casting it to my tv, It shouldnt be that way but it is, Maybe they creating an app and maybe not guess we will have to wait and see

0 Kudos
carolinarider
Binge Watcher

It has been stated that the issue with not having the App (Newsmax Plus) is Newsmax's problem.   I can sort of believe that but why has ROKU not updated their "Channel Selection" page to so state????

The below is what it says as of 1:00 EDT November 2, 2023.  So, while I believe that the issue with not having the App should be laid on Newsmax, I lay the blame on ROKU for not having an updated page for the old app and saying things about the "old" app that are not true. 

This is a copy for Roku's webpage.

Newsmax TV

Developed by:
Newsmax TV
Privacy Policy

Newsmax TV is America’s first truly free 24/7 live channel with breaking news. Get up to the minute headlines and the latest info on politics, health, personal finance and other news that makes your life richer and better.

Each day millions of American turn to Newsmax online, now you can watch Newsmax TV to see the latest newsmakers and hear the latest talk that can empower your life.

“Live” View the LIVE Newsmax Channel

“Top of the Hour News” The latest breaking news

“Special Programming” Exclusive Newsmax TV programming

“Newsmaker Interviews” In depth interviews with today’s newsmakers

“Health” lifestyle and health news

“Finance” Up to date stock and financial news

Lupi
Channel Surfer

Newsmax is working now. Update the app on Roku. Go to the app, hit the star(*) button on the remote and hit update and you’ll be able to watch.

Dee76
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Lupi
Channel Surfer

It’s working now. Just update the app.

0 Kudos

You just have to click on the newsmax app you have with the star button and click update app, restart and it will work

0 Kudos

Newsmax is working now. Update the app on Roku. Go to the app, hit the star(*) button on the remote and hit update and you’ll be able to watch