Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinarider
Binge Watcher

Re: Will Roku provide a Newsmax+ app to watch the channel?

It's up and running now.  If you select your current Newsmax "app" on your ROKU device and the press the star "*" key you can select "update". And the new app will be installed.   I just did it and it seemed to work.

0 Kudos
lks1
Reel Rookie

I think I figured it out. If you have an older Roku device, you need to update the software.  We have a newer one on one tv and I was able to automatically get it on the tv.  The tv with the older device I was unable to get it. Go to Settings, System, Software Update.  It should update Newsmax.

0 Kudos
belyon

You need to highlight the Newsmax app and hit the asterisk. Choose check for update and update to Newsmax plus then log in. 

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

being so frustrated with the new app not working after i signed up with the yearly subscription on roku    today i went to to the more info on the app and it said i needed to sign up for monthly for 4.99 so i did which made me have tewo subscriptions on roku    however the yearly one was not a trial  i contacted  roku by chat and ask to cancel the yearly and get a refund   they gracely did refund so now i havw the monthly which worked right away   had one glitch so far and had to sign in again  but at least we have the nreal news now   hope this can help someone else  i gladly paid 10 dollars extra to get my newsmax back  

0 Kudos
ALuck

That doesn't work.

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

worked on LG and Vizio tv for us      signed up the 4.99 on Lg    on Roku  and then it worked on both tv.s   know how frustrating it can be   signed up first on newsma+ first a week ago   and used the user ID and password from there

0 Kudos
pamg2
Reel Rookie

NewsmaxPlus was to be free with Roku!!!!

0 Kudos
Dee76
Channel Surfer

that ended the first of November, and it was broadcast all over the place. 

0 Kudos