Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron21
Channel Surfer

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

I just had a chat with support. Here is the transcript:

Chat started on 01 Nov 2023, 07:30 PM (GMT+0)

(07:30:14)

*** Ron Pearce joined the chat ***

(07:30:15)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:30:20)

Roku Customer Service
An agent will be with you shortly. To avoid being disconnected, please do not minimize or close this window, and make sure your device has a strong network connection.

(07:30:24)

*** Manoj kumar joined the chat ***

(07:30:57)

Manoj kumar
Hello Ron Pearce,

Hope you're doing great there. Thanks for contacting Roku Technical support. My name is Manoj kumar

(07:32:06)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:33:25)

Manoj kumar
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, as of now the newsmax+ channel is not available on the Roku devices

(07:33:36)

Manoj kumar
but our engineers are working on this

(07:33:50)

Manoj kumar
please try after 3 hours the issue will be resolved

(07:34:43)

Ron Pearce
OK...thanks.

(07:34:53)

Manoj kumar
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you through chat support! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also visit https://support.roku.com and https://blog.roku.com/ for more information about our products and channel offering. Take care and happy streaming!

(07:35:13)

*** Manoj kumar left the chat ***

(07:35:13)

*** Ron Pearce left the chat ***

Beebop665
Reel Rookie

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

You mention you got it playing on an iPad?   I've signed up at "newsmaxplus.com" for the year subscription, but all that site shows is the subscription acct/payment details...  nothing else.  No content whatsoever.  I've tried on my win10 laptop with both edge and chrome, and on my samsung phone.  No diff.

Game Store has only standard newmax app...

Newsmax.com and Roku Newsmax just shows content for Newsmax2...

I've placed a call into Newsmax contact Ph#, but got placed on list for callback...   SUPRISE, lots of callers in queue

tessa95

Jump to solution

I called the main office at Newsmax. “They’re working on it”. They’re saying it will definitely be available 

TamSimon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.  So they said it is not available on Roku…but Engineers are working on it?  Doesn’t sound real promising.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TamSimon wrote:

Thank you for the information.  So they said it is not available on Roku…but Engineers are working on it?  Doesn’t sound real promising.  

Roku engineers aren't working on it. Newsmax didn't update their app before changing their mode of operation and were caught flatfooted by their subscribers. They are now scrambling to get a new version of the app out by tomorrow, which is what they are currently promising. But there's nothing any Roku engineers can do, because they don't have any control over the apps from other providers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mcfarlanddean
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not work. I tried it and no change. Still no way to log in on Newsmax app.

0 Kudos
Zh1

Jump to solution

Yes, I’ve searched on and off all day. My sister is waiting to paid for,a,year too, can’t wait for me to find the APP!

0 Kudos
PNC316

Jump to solution

Thanks, sent them an email.  This is beyond ridiculous.  

0 Kudos
Mindyr82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Beebop665 You can watch on Newsmax.com website. When you go to live tv it will ask if you want newsmax2 or Newsmax+ and it gives you the option to sign in with your credentials. You can then cast to your tv from there if you choose.

0 Kudos
chelle3073
Reel Rookie

Re: Where do I find Newsmax +?

Jump to solution

Call NewsMax (561)686-1165 I’m waiting on a call back from customer service 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.