Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bretonrae

Very upset...no newsmax plus...where is it?

Jump to solution

Beebop665
Reel Rookie

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

Thanks Mindyr82.

Nothing confusing about creating a new content site with a new name, Newsmax+, and then once you sign in, you view the new site by watching the old name...  "Newsmax".

Thanks for your reply... at least now got it on laptop.  Now just waiting for the Roku app fix.

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Same here. Just paid for it on the first and there is no app available on Roku.

0 Kudos
HarleyNoodle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

PLEASE, start carrying Newsmax Plus!

0 Kudos
Jlv

Jump to solution

I paid for the Newsmax plus, and I was able to open it on my newsmaxtv.com app on my phone not on my Roku TV is not a happy camper

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I paid for it, but now it’s only on my phone or computer. I assumed once I paid I could login on Roku and my Newsmax would be updated. Nope! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Everyone, please read previous posts before adding to them. The question has been answered. Newsmax messed up and did not have an updated app available for the changeover that went into effect today. Right now they are promising an updated app by tomorrow. Please, give them time to get it done. Your continual postings here aren't reaching the eyes that need to see them, which is Newsmax. There's nothing Roku can do to resolve this. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
carolinarider
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

While I understand the issue, I still find it interesting that they were not ready with the AP on Roku.   I did notice that One American News had a new channel, "One American News Plus".   It too is a subscription channel.   Same price as Newsmax.

Before I discovered Newsmax, OAN was my news station.  So I subscribed and I am watching OAN Plus. 

I hope the issue is resolved in the time frame mentioned above.  I will miss Carl Higbie and Rob Schmitt, not to mention the morning shows.  

jman4173

Jump to solution

I dont think casting is allowed either with the new Newsmax +

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jman4173 wrote:

I dont think casting is allowed either with the new Newsmax +

They can't stop screen mirroring, which is what most computers and phones will do with a Roku device. Casting using a different protocol, and there's nothing an app or web site can do to block screen mirroring. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.