Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

I bought it too and nothing! You can’t even manage your subscription. It only plays on my computer or phone. I wanted it on my tv and it’s not happening. Same old Newsmax app with America Agenda only playing. Now I’m reading there’re either Newsmax Plus or Newsmax2. Since they gave us no notice there’s no way to know how to fix it since they haven’t been clear. The account for the purchase on Newsmaxplus is useless. I am waiting for customer service to call me back. I went to the Newsmax website to get the number which is 1-800-485-4350. Hopefully this is resolved. I’m not a happy camper. I feel like I was duped by Newsmax and Roku. Also, on the Newsmax website they lost ROKU as an option. Apparently not clear it’s only on mobile devices. 

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

I performed the suggested procedure: remove the app, reboot, reinstall the app. Alas, there is no difference. There is no option to enter your credentials, and you still only see Newsmax2. I wrote to Newsmax to complain.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I paid for it, but now it’s only on my phone or computer. I assumed once I paid I could login on Roku and my Newsmax would be updated. Nope! 

0 Kudos
Cyndi115

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if the Firestick is having the same problem?  I don’t mind changing to Firestick if Roku is not going to provide the Newsmax Plus app

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AndrewLB all Roku does is confirm the app complies with the terms of service. They make no determination about the functionality of the channel. That's all on the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Ron21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just had a chat with Roku Support. Here is the transcript:

Chat started on 01 Nov 2023, 07:30 PM (GMT+0)

(07:30:14)

*** Ron Pearce joined the chat ***

(07:30:15)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:30:20)

Roku Customer Service
An agent will be with you shortly. To avoid being disconnected, please do not minimize or close this window, and make sure your device has a strong network connection.

(07:30:24)

*** Manoj kumar joined the chat ***

(07:30:57)

Manoj kumar
Hello Ron Pearce,

Hope you're doing great there. Thanks for contacting Roku Technical support. My name is Manoj kumar

(07:32:06)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:33:25)

Manoj kumar
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, as of now the newsmax+ channel is not available on the Roku devices

(07:33:36)

Manoj kumar
but our engineers are working on this

(07:33:50)

Manoj kumar
please try after 3 hours the issue will be resolved

(07:34:43)

Ron Pearce
OK...thanks.

(07:34:53)

Manoj kumar
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you through chat support! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also visit https://support.roku.com and https://blog.roku.com/ for more information about our products and channel offering. Take care and happy streaming!

(07:35:13)

*** Manoj kumar left the chat ***

(07:35:13)

*** Ron Pearce left the chat ***

0 Kudos
cudaus1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree!

0 Kudos
gincat

Re: Where do I find Newsmax +?

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues, was able to download app on my iPhone and paid there, but now I need it on my TV and I'm sure I'll need to pay again to have it on Roku, if and when they have the new channel.    I dont have a smart TV so rely on Roku to access programs as no longer have Comcast Cable service.   I've been on the Roku site looking for the new channel, but it's not there.   If Roku is aware of the issue, I'll wait, but not very happy that they weren't prepared ahead of time for all this change.   I just saw that this was happening yesterday 10/31 on NewsMax so the ball was dropped somewhere in communicating the change to the public.   Disgusting that gov't is getting involved in what we can and cant see on our own TV's.  I already pay for the use of Roku, now I have to pay again.  Not happy at all at this development and I'm sure I'm not alone.   

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cyndi115 Roku only provides the platform. They do not provide apps for other services. Any app on a different platform (such as the Fire TV) is written in a completely different programming language, so no comparison with the same app on a Roku. Newsmax has already announced they will have an updated app on Roku devices by tomorrow. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the link. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.