Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinarider
Binge Watcher

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

Will have to wait and see if the above is correct about the issue being "worked" on. 

But the other thing I wondered and just found some information on Cordcutternews dated yesterday, October 31, 2023.  

"Newsmax says they have to launch this new service because of “cable agreements.” Earlier this year, Newsmax went dark on DIRECTV, with its free stream being one of the reasons DIRECTV had to drop the network. Now it seems to help avoid similar issues Newsmax is ending its free stream."

I don't mind paying for a service (well they did have advertisements) but..... 

hdputtin

Jump to solution

Don't believe everything you hear. You cannot access it from the old app reloaded or not.

vicv777

Jump to solution

You will be able to access it on your roku device tomorrow Nov 2nd. 

I called Newsmax.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Newsmax has acknowledged they have a problem with the Roku app. They are expecting it to be resolved by tomorrow. Only Newsmax can resolve the issue. Unfortunately for those that have already signed up, you will need a little patience while Newsmax gets it fixed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
TamSimon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too at end of trial if Newsmax if not able to view on TV… I will cancel after trial.  
This whole thing has been so disorganized with little information.

I guess I will have to go back to Fox🫤

0 Kudos
Mo4Ebuyer

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same problem, trying to find the new app.  The only way we are able to watch it, is by going to newsmaxtv.com, sign in and cast it to a TV. Hopefully they will get the new app up soon, across the multiple platforms. 

0 Kudos
JuanNPamM
Reel Rookie

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Granted I can have the "channel" air on my desktop, but I prefer it on my TV; it's also more conveniently located 🙂   Thank you flya150 for making contact.  The only number I found kept saying "that extension is invalid".

0 Kudos
johnchase0125
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have no trouble finding Newsmax plus on the internet. Roku is completely different. As always I can go to the internet when Roku fails me, which happens alot with Newsmax. I suspect that Roku is not providing us with service when it comes to Newsmax . Are they a woke company?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The issue is not on Roku's side. Newsmax should have not launched their Plus service until they had their related apps up and running in each of the different marketplaces. I too am really disappointed in Newsmax for dropping the ball on this one. I really enjoy their programming. Roku cannot make a Newsmax Plus app for Newsmax. Newsmax has to do that and then publish it through Roku. Until Newsmax takes care of this we are all kind of stuck with Newsmax 2, which so far has been a bit of a mess. Hang in there. Hopefully Newsmax addresses this quickly.

johnchase0125
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

While I agree that Newsmax writes the APP , Roku posts it. I do not expect Newsmax to speak up about this, since they must maintain a good working relationship with them. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.