Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Re: Will CNN+ be available on ROKU TV

Jump to solution

Absolutely correct.  This is on Roku.  You know darn well CNN wants to have its new channel stream on Roku and all devices. 

It’s a two way negotiation and it always comes down to money.  CNN apparently hasn’t offered Roku it’s magic number yet.  

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PCNiles .................FYI. It is also not available on Android TV therefore it is also a Google thing. This is only a Roku community. No one in here is a developer of channels. No one can give you an answer. A mod already gave an answer. Let's move on now. 

https://9to5google.com/2022/03/29/cnn-launches-today-wont-be-available-on-android-tv-and-google-tv-i...

0 Kudos
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, that’s your repeated take on the situation.  I don’t agree. 

“CNN's new streaming service, CNN+, launched Tuesday but the network's audience reach will be limited given that some top streaming platforms, including Roku, Google TV and Android TV, are not supporting the streaming service.”

Sounds to me like it’s on Roku’s end.  

These contract negotiations go on all the time.  We just went through this one with Roku wherein we lost a bunch of Disney Channels late last year.  Until the right $$ was reached and the channels came back. Meanwhile, many Roku users signed up with different services that had those channels.    Remember? 

PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know that the Mods cannot answer to this.  I’m not expecting that. 

I am airing my concerns so that Roku is aware that their subscribers want this programming.  

You are not an employee of Roku, I assume. So your opinion, no offense, means nothing to me.  Thank you anyway.  But I will continue pressing Roku on this matter as I deem appropriate.  

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PCNiles wrote:

Absolutely correct.  This is on Roku.

Not at all. Roku doesn't develop channels for 3rd party providers. The providers themselves are the only ones that can make it happen. Do they want to be on Roku devices? I'm sure they do. But each platform requires a distinctive application. They all use different programming languages, so they can't write an app and simply deploy it across platforms. Do they have to come to an agreement with Roku for deployment? I expect they do, as do all channels available in the Roku channel store. But my guess is they are starting with a single platform, and branching out to others as they ensure their system can support more users. From early reports I've heard, their rollout isn't going very smoothly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And we are all aware that Google and some other providers are not supporting CNN+ and that this is a Roku community.  Lol. What does that have to do with anything?  We are addressing the Roku issue on the Roku community. 
See you later in the Google community?   

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PCNiles  Disney channel’s? Disney+ was available on Roku at launch. Not sure what channels you are speaking of. Looking at your profile I can tell some things. Google had negotiation problems with Roku. Android TV doesn’t support CNN+ either. Amazon didn’t support YouTube TV when it was first released. I fail to see your point. If you don’t like the answer provided then move on. Buy a Firestick. Mods please lock this thread. Google abs Roku are entirely different companies 

0 Kudos
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That’s sounds reasonable.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why don’t you just stick to posting your own opinions without critiquing mine and others here?

No one asked you.

You seem like one of those know-it-alls who really doesn’t know much.  

0 Kudos
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It was a negotiation with YouTubeTV.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.