Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmljr93
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney+ TCL TV- Subtitles Won’t Turn Off

Jump to solution
After updating the app on the TCL TV, the subtitles went away for me on all the programs I was watching. Let me know if they come back for you. And I will as well. But last couple days they have not been present. And I was able to turn subtitles on/off at my leisure through the TCL remote settings.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN!
0 Kudos
Benzshamin

Jump to solution
Had the same issue. I fixed it by wildly pressing the right arrow button on my roku remote while the movie was paused.
It'll work!! Try it!
0 Kudos
furious00

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue. I restarted my Roku and it solved my problem. No more subtitles. 

0 Kudos
rcipes

Jump to solution

When your show is playing, press the up or down arrow on remote, go up to closed captions in the upper left screen and switch to off. 

0 Kudos
Rkelley41

Jump to solution

Tried that it won't bring up a menu for me

0 Kudos
SHatRO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact behavior as another reported.  Empire Strikes Back closed caption would not turn off with the usual controls.  I exited the app and then went back in and it stopped.  I had to completely exit Disney+, did not have to restart my Roku.

0 Kudos
Amber1987
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey there i had the same issue today, subtitles came on out of no where, there are NO options in the Disney+ app on my roku to turn them off, or any other settings that can control settings like that, the only thing i could do was press * on my roku remote and that is took me to the settings for the tv not the app, and of course the closed captioning option was turned off, i tried to update the app, it was up to date, i tried unplugging the tv, i reset the roku from the roku home screen, i tried checking my disney+ app settings from my account online again no such options, and i tried every other suggestion i could find from the internet, NOTHING worked, so i removed the Disney+ app from my roku, and then readded it, logged back in and subtitles were gone, apparently this is a glitch within the app itself, u can remove the app by going to the roku home screen, go to the Disney+ app, press * button on remote, go to remove channel or app option, click on it, then go to roku home screen search, type is Disney+ and proceed to download the app.

0 Kudos
ABurgess23

Jump to solution

When all else fails...turn TV off and then back on... we watched 2 movies back to back and then the 3rd, we had the caption issue and everything was up to date.

0 Kudos
htrulljr

Jump to solution

Mine said it already had the latest update but the subtitles turned off! Thanks!

0 Kudos