Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteppingStone01
Channel Surfer

Re: Why was Tidal removed from channels?

Jump to solution

No Dolby Atmos support doing it that way.

0 Kudos
SLOlife805
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I moved over to AppleTV 4k 3rd gen.  Was pretty fast setting up all my streaming services, what surprised me is TIDAL sounds so much better playing through the AppleTV, nothing is different, just better more pleasing and detailed music coming out of audiophile multi channel stereo system (but not ultra high end audiophile).  Screen layout is more like ChromeCast snd Fire, so I like Roku layout better, but not enough better not to leave over the Tidal compatibility issue.  In the meantime I will leave my Roku set up also going into my Receiver via HDMI.  The Tidal App layout is better on the AppleTV too,

Not sure who stopped the service given both Roku and TIDAL responses are essentially there are choices for streaming (music app:or streaming device). Sounds like a legal baffle coming.  I’ll take guess and assume it is Tidal’s fault but Roku was stupid to let the app stop being supported as I can’t be the only that is leaving Roku over this.  

For those with Plex nice work around.

SLOlife805
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Makes sense, I am now running Tidal through a AppleTV and the sound is much improved, I was surprised, I had just assumed the little but that was missing I needed to upgrade my main speakers.  Nope it was just using the Roku.  I guess Roku needs to up their game on the next generation and get Tidal back, as in my option Roku is the better user layout and screen menus.

My Roku will remain connected to my system, but the AppleTV will be getting most of the streaming use.

0 Kudos
JimHeard
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Muchas gracias por esta solución. ¡A mí me funcionó!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SLOlife805 wrote:

Not sure who stopped the service given both Roku and TIDAL responses are essentially there are choices for streaming (music app or streaming device). Sounds like a legal baffle coming.  I’ll take guess and assume it is Tidal’s fault but Roku was stupid to let the app stop being supported as I can’t be the only that is leaving Roku over this.  

Based on the responses from Tidal, I'd say they are the ones that pulled the app from the Roku channel store. Based on your comments about the improved sound quality using a different device, that would indicate that the Roku doesn't support the higher quality audio codecs that Tidal prefers to use. Roku can't force a company to provide an app for their devices, so if Tidal decided to bale there's nothing Roku can do about it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is good to know !  I just came here look to see if the essential apps  ( or channels I guess) were supported before I purchased a Roku.  Tidal Is a must for me, so I guess I'll wait a bit for an official answer, or purchase an apple TV 😕

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Firestick is terrible 😕

0 Kudos
TheManny

Jump to solution

This reply is corporate garbage lingo.  Super disappointing.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TheManny would you like to be more specific? What's garbage about any of the information provided?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I think you have the solution with linking Plex with Tidal.... Can you give me really quick directions on how to do that?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.