Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryansaint

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

Im so disappointed! Still can’t watch Disney plus!

605E1D16-5E80-49CB-BEEA-E7345E803618.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information, you'd want to contact Disney plus to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in the Philippines. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iGPrints

Jump to solution

I sold my roku ultra and went to buy a mi stick 4k, no app restriction! All apps available including disney plus PH and HBO Go

Hope that helps

Bundokero

Jump to solution

Please update the channel list of Roku for Philippines. I spent a lot of money for a Roku stick but it is somewhat useless because of limitations. Feels like most of Asia is discriminated.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bundokero Roku does not control where a channel can be used. The channel providers have sole control over where they permit their channel to work. In this case, Disney is the one controlling where it's available. It doesn't matter if the Disney+ service is available in your location. Disney has to authorize their channel in the Roku channel store for each location. Roku cannot override the settings that Disney has set for their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

When will Disney+ be available in the Philippines? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

Hi @jmeeeeediaz,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your inquiry about the availability of Disney plus in the Philippines.

We don't have any information to share at the moment when will the channel be available on Roku. You'll want to contact Disney plus directly for more information about their service available on the Roku platform in your region. 

Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We also want our customers to be aware that we do not sell our devices in the Philippines. Sellers may import Roku devices for sale in countries where we don't offer our services or products, but we don't have any control over this. This is why you may see partner-branded buttons on remotes, these branded devices were made for countries where there is support and imported. For now, we do not have an official presence in the Philippines and some content may be limited by on our channel partner's preferences and geo-location restrictions. We hope to expand our presence in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

We're going to go ahead and close this thread for now, as we've given all information that we have available. Best regards,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos