Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akissface

Why is DirecTV login not working on my Roku TV?

I have downloaded DirecTV stream onto my Roku TV. It does not matter how many times I sign in with the correct user ID and passcode, it tells me credentials are incorrect. It is doing this on two different Roku TVs.

I can sign in to DirecTV all day long with the same user ID and password with my phone and watch DirecTV but for some reason will not work on our two Roku TVs. One is at my house one is at my boyfriend's house. So it is not the same Wi-Fi network that is creating this problem. And our Roku TVs are two different brands, mine is an onn and his is a TCL.

I have tried to sign into DirecTV on and off for a few days in a row between the two TVs. But I have been trying to sign in extremely late at night or the wee hours of the morning. At first I chopped it up to maintenance. But it is still doing it. Did not know if anybody else is having this problem if so what can I do?

40 REPLIES 40
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DirecTV sign in not working

Is your DirecTV subscription to the DirecTV satellite service or is it to the relatively new DirecTV Stream streaming service?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
striztx

I have the same problem.  Same userid/password work for my Apple TV and Roku enabled TV.  But my two Samsung TV's with Roku sticks have stopped working.  I have tried:

• Resetting my Directv Stream password
  • Deleting the Directv App and re-adding it
  • Deleting these devices from my Roku account and re-adding
  • System reset of stick
  • Factor Reset of Stick

No matter what I do I get the error:

Please Sign In with DIRECTV STREAM

Info

Please sign into your DIRECTV STREAM account online to manager your

Service

OK

Any idea what else to try?

Thnaks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@striztx

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ka21
Reel Rookie

Att rep was no help. Any other suggestions?

when logging in it try’s to load and returns to the log in screen. 

0 Kudos
snaumann

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue right now. I've spent SO much time on the phone with DirectTV with zero resolution. 

Tonyv11
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. 

0 Kudos
Kat10

I have the exact same problem, getting the same message.  I have wasted so much time with AT&T support, they have been no help.

0 Kudos
ecsjr47
Reel Rookie

I am transferring from DirectTV satellite to streaming.  I am able to login with my iPad, but all three Roku boxes get the same sign on error message.  On the phone with tech support for over 3 hours with no results.

CJRob81

Same issue here. I can log in just fine on my Amazon Firestick and on my mobile phone, but none of my roku sticks will allow me to sign in to Directv Stream. It just loops back to the log in page. I too have tried getting help with Direct TV Stream support and they were not able to give me any answers. Sounds like this is a common issue though. Really hoping someone has a solution. If not, I may have to replace all of my Roku devices with Firesticks. Such a waste of money. 😞

0 Kudos