Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanna2022

Re: Why does Netflix keep stopping / freezing on Roku?

Accepted as solution 

0 Kudos
SeanMc123
Reel Rookie

What can we do to guarantee it won't happen again because this is happening to me as well

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @SeanMc123

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it plugged into the TV's USB port or a power outlet? In some instances, the TV's USB power is insufficient to power the device. Running your Roku device with insufficient power can result in instability, crashes, and other unpredictable behavior, even if it appears to be operating normally.

Moreover, have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries that we can assist with.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
acr515

You've had multiple employees make comments on here and they all effectively say the exact same thing (restart the device). It's been made very clear multiple times that this does not work. Fix your software.

Nut11
Reel Rookie

@acr515+1. It's amazing how tone deaf roku support is on this issue. I gave up long ago, tossed all my roku devices and replaced with shields. I still follow this thread just out of curiosity to see how long it would take for Roku finally resolve this bug.

0 Kudos
MandaPanda

SAME ISSUE. I bought a new Roku LT (I have owned two other Roku devices and one of them is currently in the livingroom with no problems) and it worked great for a week and all of sudden this issue. I have followed all trouble shooting multiple times with no fix. Tacking on here to impress the issue on Roku and see if they ever actually fix it… though at this point I’m considering returning the device for a chromecast. What’s the point of Roku won’t work for one of the channels I watch the most!

0 Kudos
mando414

Same issue with Roku ultra and Netflix, nothing described on here works. Netflix plays for 10 seconds then freezes. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MandaPanda @mando414

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
miobie01
Reel Rookie

I have read through this entire string to look at all "solutions". It is funny that Roku has not responded appropriately to any of these questions. Netflix is routinely stopping for me as well and has been stopping for more than a year. Here are some specifics.

I have a Roku device (Model 3930X) that is powered from an outlet.

I have an internet connection that delivers over 400 mb/sec.

Netflix is the only app that has this problem.

I have removed Netflix, restarted the Roku device, re-installed Netflix. This only works for a short period of time (a day or less).

I have ensured that I have updated my Roku, and retried all of the above steps.

I have contacted Netflix support and they have stated that this is a known problem on only some Roku devices. They claim the problem is not their app as it works on every other platform, including SOME Roku devices.

All of this indicates a problem with my Roku device. So, will there ever be a solution? For any Roku employee, please don't copy and paste in your typical response of "check this and check that". Please READ this post and provide a more appropriate and helpful response. Thank you.

Zanimul

My experience is the same as user miobie’s, except that my model is 3810RW.

0 Kudos