Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Why can I not favorite ANY channels on Live Tv

Suddenly, I am unable to favorite ANY live TV channels, matter fact, when I’m watching the channel shows up on recently viewed, but when I go to look for it in the guide, the channel number doesn’t even show up.

for instance, I’m watching gardening with Monty Don and it shows on the home screen that I recently been viewing it but when scrolling through the guide, I only see channel 465 and 467, not 466 and I’ve looked and looked, and I’ve tried to favorite the channel, but it won’t let me.

can someone please explain what has happened to the Roku live guide I’ve tried everything. including trying to stop it from defaulting to all channels.

there is not a favorites list and it looks like it is impossible to find a fix.

I am running an old Roku model number 32S321 with the software version 12.5.0

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Re: Why can I not favorite ANY channels on Live Tv

ALSO - the Options button does not bring up the Favorites/Edit Favorites list in Live TV. It’s blank.
Every. Time. 

How can the “Leader” in streaming TVs make such an error in their programming? Did someone in their IT department just decide - kicks and giggles - to forget to code an IMPORTANT part of the code? Does someone think it’s a good idea or just funny to leave their consumers hanging?

Was the coder drunk or high when he wrote it? Is he/she competent enough to push another code out to repair the “update”? Does the coder even care?

These are serious questions that I feel deserve an explanation.

And while I’m at it: Why can’t Roku make/produce a remote with numbers? Not every person likes using their handheld devices for tv operation.

I simply do NOT understand why this issue is taking SO long to rectify. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheHLT,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would be pleased to look into this matter more thoroughly for you. Can you send us a picture or a video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Please check out this support article here on
how to set up a favorite channel list with Roku's Live TV Channel Guide. Rokus has no support for receiving numbers via remote signals. The only way to enter numbers is sometimes by using the Roku app on a phone or tablet.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and we hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

I would love to send you a video. If you will provide an email address where I can send it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheHLT,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, please send us a private message with a video of your running problem.
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community.
We'll be anticipating it!
Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

hi John.

it appears that the behavior of the favorites channel menu not showing up has been fixed. I was just getting around to making a video of the problem when I noticed that it is now working properly.

just wanted to update you and let you know.

0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

John.

Think whoever did the update and brought back the channel numbers, because have they not I would have missed my favorite show of all time “Into the Badlands”.

The AMC channel was missing! This has brought me joy!😄

0 Kudos