Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anbogin

Why are there no captions on the old Great British Baking Show episodes on Roku channel?

Why are there no captions on the old Great British Baking Show episodes on Roku channel?  When these episodes were on Netflix, they had captions so there is no reason why captions should be unavailable when viewed on Roku channel.  Has anyone had success accessing the captions on this show?

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why are there no captions on the old Great British Baking Show episodes on Roku channel?

@Anbogin 

Under the Accessibility and Captions (press * button on Roku remote during episode), it indicates that the Captioning Track is "Not Available".  Therefore, no way to get closed captioning/subtitle to work.

Why it is not there or available, can't give you an answer to that one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Re: Why are there no captions on the old Great British Baking Show episodes on Roku channel?

I was really hoping there would be a response. My daughter and I were so ecstatic to find GBBO on Roku, but unfortunately my daughter can’t enjoy it since she is Deaf.  It would be really great if accessibility really mattered.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anbogin @Crazycasefamily,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we regret hearing about it.

Please be aware that caption availability on the Roku channel may vary depending on the content.

In this case, we'll make sure to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll make sure to update this thread once we have an update available.

Thanks for your understanding!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Celina

Is there any update on this? So disappointing to lack accessibility for this show when it could be so easy to fix.

It’s been a few months, any update on this? I would also like to know. It’s a shame for disabled folks that use captions.