Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynb
Binge Watcher

Where is Wildearth Safari channel?

Jump to solution

I've been a fan for years and was thrilled that you added the channel but it seems to have disappeared today. What's up?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is Wildearth Safari channel?

Jump to solution

@cynb 

WildEarth used to be on ch.478 of the Roku Channel Live TV, but does look like it is missing. (these sometimes will mysteriously re-appear at times.)

You can still watch the Live channel via the free channels/apps Xumo Play and Plex. In Xumo Play Live TV Guide, located in Nature and Wildlife category.  For Plex, just perform a Search from within the Channel/app.  It is also available using the free version of SlingTV.

https://wildearth.tv/channel/

You can also watch the WildEarth Live from their standalone WildEarth channel/app available in the Roku Channel Store as indicated by @atc98092.   https://channelstore.roku.com/details/22c47975e5550f0e6ab74dd7df30856f/wildearth

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
atc98092

Jump to solution

When I checked the Roku channel store, I don't see a Wildearth Safari channel. There is a Wild Safari channel, and a couple of others with Safari in their name. 

If this was a channel that was previously available but has been removed, it was likely done for one of two reasons.

• First, the provider might have decided to end support for Roku devices, and requested Roku to remove the channel from the store and all devices. They have the right and ability to do that if they wish.
  • The second reason would be if Roku discovered the channel was in breech of the terms of agreement that allows them to have a channel in the store. The most common reason that might happen is if the channel is providing media it doesn't have permission to offer, but there might be other reasons as well. 
Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@cynb 

WildEarth used to be on ch.478 of the Roku Channel Live TV, but does look like it is missing. (these sometimes will mysteriously re-appear at times.)

You can still watch the Live channel via the free channels/apps Xumo Play and Plex. In Xumo Play Live TV Guide, located in Nature and Wildlife category.  For Plex, just perform a Search from within the Channel/app.  It is also available using the free version of SlingTV.

https://wildearth.tv/channel/

You can also watch the WildEarth Live from their standalone WildEarth channel/app available in the Roku Channel Store as indicated by @atc98092.   https://channelstore.roku.com/details/22c47975e5550f0e6ab74dd7df30856f/wildearth

cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It was actually a new addition to Roku that Wildearth was very pleased about so the content owner would not have pulled it and I would think Roku would give them more time, and/or address any concerns, before yanking it at this early date. It is live nature programming, the real deal, and quite educational besides being interesting, fun, and sometimes quite exciting.

I was happy to see it on Roku because I would like to get away from $50/month Sling but I would never want to give up this program.

0 Kudos
cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've been watching on Sling but unaware of any "free" version of Sling. It's about $50 a month.

It seems rather premature to remove when Roku just added it maybe a month or two ago. I'm glad I had not canceled Sling yet.

0 Kudos
cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did  not realize I could now get it as a standalone Roku Channel. Brilliant! Thank you!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I don't think there is a standalone channel. When I looked at the channel store, there are several "safari" channels, but non said Wildearth. So I'm assuming you were previously watching it in The Roku Channel. The problem there is that content can come and go based on the contract Roku has with the content provider. If it was that recent of an addition, perhaps it was just a technical issue that has temporarily removed it.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
cynb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No, Gunnar was correct. There is a standalone channel now. Yay. It's called Wildearth.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

I have the free Sling version installed on my Roku devices.  You can see more about it here.

https://www.sling.com/deals/sling-free

You can either sign up for the free account or just select "Watch Free" when you launch Sling on the Roku device.

After launching Sling, you will see "Try Us Today" or "Sign In"  Just press the Back button instead on your Roku remote and you will then see "Watch Free" or "No Thanks".   Just select Watch Free.  Next time you launch the Sling channel/app this step will be skipped and you will be brought to the Free sections. (both Live TV and on-demand content).

----

The standalone WildEarth channel/app is located in the Roku Channel Store here.  

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/22c47975e5550f0e6ab74dd7df30856f/wildearth

Offers both on-demand and the free LiveTV content that is on the linear channels Live TV (Plex, Sling, Xumo Play, and previously the Roku Channel LiveTV).

Should also show under the Home Page Streaming Channels Search if you search "WildEarth"

Just an FYI, the channel is actually called WildEarth, not WildEarth Safari so that may be the cause of some of the confusion. https://wildearth.tv/

---

Update 2:12pm MT - Looks like WildEarth has returned to the Roku Channel LiveTV ch. 478.

0 Kudos