Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammat

When I click a movie/show to watch the circle is not spinning (buffering)

The buffering circle is stuck on my screen when I try to watch stuff on multiple apps. It’s super weird because the circle is not spinning and my network is “Excellent” with no interruptions. It doesn’t show up on the Home Screen or even the Home Screen of the app that I pick (I.e. prime video). But when I click a movie/show to watch then it pops up! It’s driving me crazy.

2 REPLIES 2
PrimeSux

Re: When I click a movie/show to watch the circle is not spinning (buffering - I want to know, too!!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is the buffering circle stuck on my screen?

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Tammat @PrimeSux!

Thanks for reaching out. Rest assured that we will help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution so you can get back on streaming. 

Just to confirm, did your device recently receive any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? If not, we highly recommend manually checking for any software updates to see if this will make any difference. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

After doing so, kindly let us know your current software version. 

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.