Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weather Nation not loading

Looks like WeatherNation released an update (version 3.1 build 0) as mentioned by @Colorado_Skier which seems to have resolved the issue on my device. (stuck Weathernation splash screen).

Highlight the WeatherNation channel and press the * button on your Roku Remote.  Select "Check for Updates".   You can also try performing a System or Software Update if you prefer. (Settings/System/Software update).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weathernation New App on Roku

@turquoise 

WeatherNation just released a build update that should resolve your issue of frozen splash screen. (version 3.1, build 0).

Highlight channel and press * button on your Roku remote.  Select "Check for Updates".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Maypup
Channel Surfer

I updated all 3 of my Roku's last night and the problem was resolved

Jmusich
Roku Guru

Ya know this went on for a few days. It now looks like going into the blue out  the powers to be whomever that is knew an update was coming. There are four pages of posts on just this topic. It seems to me a heads up could have been issued to users. So I ask maybe for myself and in the behalf of others could a warrning have been issued, by whom should have it been issued, and how would it have been done ? I do not think that would have been too much to ask. 

Jericho941
Channel Surfer

If you’re asking for a heads-up for for a pending update I’m not sure how that would happen. I joined here just for this issue. I had issues with SlingTV’s DVR features a few weeks ago and I called Sling and they kicked the can down the road to Roku, its like the plumber blaming the HVAC guy.  I ended up dumping sling for a few reasons.

Anyway back on page 3 after the mod said contact Weather Nation so I emailed WN on May 1 around noon EST and they emailed back around 9:00 EST stating there was an update coming out but I didn’t see it until today because it was in my spam folder. So less than 8 hours for a reply and fix isn't bad, just saying..

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Yea. I get your point. But a page location of coming updates would be handy. Won't it ? Of course that might mean hiring more employees. I have no problem with people working. Service is important to me. It is something that shoiuld not be "begged" for. Plenty of pieces of software have a list of updates. Something like that would work. The top o=f the list would be "pending."

Williamt100
Roku Guru

Tried it this morning, and it appears to be working normally again!

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about this trouble with playing content on the Weather Nation channel and we apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, we'd recommend reaching out to the Weather Nation channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Adri709
Reel Rookie

Mary,  your suggestions are useless,  none will work 

0 Kudos
Adri709
Reel Rookie