Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lleon50
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

I’m wondering if the solution is accomplished by TCM sending each viewer a recent requirement to re-activate each viewers subscription to continue watching TCM on a viewers Internet or Cable Provider ?

In Hawaii, since I received a “Demand” 3 days ago to go to TCM.com/Activate and entered a 6 or 7 alpha, numeric code, (which I did) …. My TCM App on my 3month old Roku TV, has solved my ability to view every movie presently listed.  
I have Spectrum Internet only at my home where TCM now functions flawlessly.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

From the beginning of my subscription to TCM , through my provider Comcast/Xfinity, weekly I have had to "Sign-In" to Xfinity to use the app on my computer. Also when I started using the Roku streaming device on my television I have had to enter my Roku code online to activate the Roku device. All that worked great for years until a few weeks ago when everything associated with the TCM app started going downhill. In a previous emails I documented the issue that I thought this login procedure started causing...in my opinion.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I just received a bunch of new entries and they all seem to play.   We'll see if this is just a flash in the pan as we've seen before, or if they've really got it fixed this time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lleon50
Reel Rookie

to:  smallWstudio

I’m not clear on one aspect of what you last wrote…

Question…. From time to time, during your success with TMC as well as in the last few days…. Have you received a “Demand” to go to… TCM.com/Activate and directed to enter a 5 or 6 character alpha numeric code that is displayed on your screen?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sigh... Right now I have 8 new entries since my post of yesterday.  Only the ones in bold play for me:

In the Good Old Summertime
A Christmas Carol
It Happened on 5th Avenue
Holiday Affair
Christmas in Connecticut
Terms of Trial
Trial
I Confess

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Same here...at least it is consistent for everyone, as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

And as of now...that list of titles has changed and all "current" titles seem to be playing....it's sooooo crazy 😲

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Just tried to play the last two posted movies. I have Spectrum cable/internet in SoCal.

"Mutiny on the Bounty" would not play.

"A Christmas Carol" would play.

The problem is not resolved, at least with consistency.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Correct, and now that "The Shinning Hour" has been added it will not play as well. Once again interesting to see if the titles that don't play disappear at some point and other titles that do play appear or these are corrected...stay tuned !!! 😏

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Seems to slowly be getting better with the WatchTCM app but there are still a few titles will not play as with one of my favs.. David Lean's "Great Expectations" . Now I do have the DVD so I've seen it many, many times... but imagine my surprise when when on the TCM info page I see that George "Gabby" Hayes is in this film....that was the funniest thing I have seen in years. Who says A.I. doesn't have a sense of humor!!😂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.