Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debra5
Reel Rookie

Vtuner not working on Roku streaming device but works on Roku tv

Jump to solution

I have the Vtuner app on my Roku streaming device on my tv and it was working but for last 2 days it hasn’t . I have removed the device from tv and power source and also uninstalled and installed the app again and clicked onto the open app tab and it appears to be going to the app page but it returns back to open app tab again . FYI I have also have Roku TV in another room and the Vtuner app works fine . Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Vtuner not working on Roku streaming device but works on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Debra5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the Vtuner channel, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve it.

Suppose you have tried the following steps in our support article on resolving a channel playback issue, and you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link.

Then, videos from other channels play fine; contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

If you are already in touch with the Vtuner Support team, we recommend continuing to work with them, as they can best assist you moving forward.

Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Debra5-

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel app?

After removing the channel, but BEFORE reinstalling it, RESTART** your Roku to clear its memory cache. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.  This is not a cure-all but at least it will assure you of having an uncorrupted copy of the current channel app.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System".   If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Debra5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Makaiguy for the information on the system restart I will remember that for future issues but sadly it did not work . I did it 3 times and unplugged the tv and did it before and after but no it’s still a problem. I have sent a email to Vtuner hopefully they can assist. Also I installed another music app and it worked just fine . Thank you for trying to help. Have a good one . 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Debra5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the Vtuner channel, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve it.

Suppose you have tried the following steps in our support article on resolving a channel playback issue, and you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link.

Then, videos from other channels play fine; contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

If you are already in touch with the Vtuner Support team, we recommend continuing to work with them, as they can best assist you moving forward.

Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Debra5-

I installed vTuner and checked it out on both a Roku Ultra and a Streaming Stick 4K+.  In both cases the first time I tried to load vTuner it just returned me to the Roku home screen channel grid.  Then, again in both cases, a second attempt loaded vTuner and allowed me to listen to radio stations, although its response was extremely sluggish. 

Offhand, I'd say vTuner is likely having some server problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Debra5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I agree I tried again today and no luck. That’s ok I found MyTuner music app in their selections and I found some duplicates of stations that were on Vtuner so it’s all good . Thanks again for looking into that for me. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.