Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nielo
Channel Surfer

Re: Viaplay channel not working

Read back, it's not technically Roku's fault. Direct your question to Viaplay on support-uk@viaplay.com

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for taking the time to share this information with us.

It's best to contact Viaplay's support directly and inquire further about this. They'll be able to acknowledge your concern and address this by working on an update with their channel on the Roku platform.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nielo
Channel Surfer

Not arguing with you Kash but please could you tell us what steps Roku has taken to inform Viaplay that its app is currently non-compliant with the Roku terms and conditions. One assumes Roku wants content suppliers to actually supply content to subscribers, otherwise Roku might have a lot of disgruntled users. No?

0 Kudos
Andy11

I was having the same issue on accessing Viaplay on my Roku (loops back to home screen) but I've managed to resolve it.

When you access the app and it allows you to select your profile, instead of selecting it choose to set up a new profile and it takes you straight into the app.

Just managed to resolve before the Scotland game kick off!

0 Kudos
Nmcclement

I tried this adding a new profile step and it didn’t work for me having to stream the Scotland game through my laptop very annoying but haven’t also emailed Roku support so hopefully they have a fix soon

0 Kudos
Ricky-Roma
Reel Rookie

Didn't work for me either..had to cast from pc to Chromecast..a few stutters during match. I'll be cancelling Viaplay this month. Incredible that all Scotland games have to be shown on such a dodgy platform. Hopefully it ends soon

0 Kudos
EmmaCl

I have just reported this issue to Viaplay customer service. I was asked for Roku device name and software version and has been reported to the technicians.  Apparently they will email me "as soon as we find out something".

0 Kudos
Chris2024
Reel Rookie

I got this email this afternoon and now the app is working again 

Good afternoon,

I hope this message finds you well. We understand the importance of a seamless experience with your Roku devices, and we are committed to ensuring that any issues are resolved to your satisfaction.

Recently, our technicians reported that they have implemented improvements aimed at resolving the login issue that some of you may have experienced. To verify whether this issue has been successfully resolved, we kindly request your feedback.

If you have encountered problems with logging in on your Roku device and have followed the technician's recommendation to reinstall the application, we would appreciate it if you could take a few moments to share your experience with us. Your input will help us ensure that our improvements are effective and that you are receiving the quality service you deserve.

To provide feedback, please follow these simple steps - Attempt to log in to your Roku device using the reinstalled Viaplay application.

Note whether the issue has been resolved or if you are still experiencing any difficulties.

Reply to this email with your feedback, including any specific details that you think would be helpful in understanding your experience.

Your feedback is invaluable to us, and it will aid in our ongoing efforts to improve the Roku experience for all of our customers.

We truly appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work to enhance our service. If you continue to experience any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

Have a lovely day!

Best regards,

Marta

0 Kudos

I am new to Viaplay in hopes of watching NHL in the UK.  Viaplay on Prime only shows select games (brutal), cancelled my subscription with Prime, to sign up on my Roku and it doesn't work at all.  I am able to login, but when it asks "who's watching", and I select a profile, it boots me out to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BradisMadatYou,

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

This is more of a subscription concern. If removing and adding the channel would not work, we would recommend getting in contact with our account and billing support team. You can contact them here at ContactUs and select Account, Payments, and Subscriptions. Kindly try to confirm subscriptions under your account.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.