Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Re: VGKTV channel won't play a show or movie

The app in question is actually VGK IPTV.  I've had no success in loading Grace Under Fire.  It stops at 13% every time.  I have restarted my Roku stick a few times, with no success in loading the episode.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @deb_ack,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the VGKTV channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Thanks, but I have done that.  I also removed the channel and added it back.  And I restarted Roku a few times. I tried loading a couple other shows, and they all hung at 13%. I even turned off my TV and turned it back on.  There is something wrong with this app.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @deb_ack,

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

We appreciate the effort that you have put into troubleshooting the issue. No worries! We will be delighted to assist you further, but we will need to gather more information. How far is your device from your network router? Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BOBLEG
Channel Surfer

This has been going on for MONTHS. It's hilarious 🤣 reading all the advice given to fix the problem. Stop giving **bleep** advice ROKU or fix the problem by getting rid of the channel.

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

1. Not that far.  Up one level in my house and over one room.  I've never had any problems loading movies and shows since using this Roku stick for 2.5 years.

2. No

3. Yes
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BOBLEG,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further the issue you're having with the VGKTV channel. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Is this the only channel that is having an issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @deb_ack,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us. Could you provide us with a video or photo of your running issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

No, a video or picture of the circle in the middle of the screen that shows 13% will not help.  Just picture what I've told you (which is the same as many other people have told you).  Thank you.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @deb_ack 

A movie or content that won't load or play is an indicator that the channel provider can directly address since most channels on the Roku platform are handled and managed by the channel providers themselves. It's best to reach out to their support for this issue to be addressed directly.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos