Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRS222
Binge Watcher

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

I also not able to get Newsmax+ on my TV using Roku.  I tied to sign-up for newsmax plus this past week.  I was able to establish signing up on Newsmax's website, to subscribe to newsmax plus, but when I go to my Roku it says to login which I tried to do but all I get is: "Incorrect email or password.  So which password or email address do I use??  What is going on????

Happyasalways32
Reel Rookie

I've paid, and the app says I've been signed out all the time even though if you go to account I'm signed in.

I can't even delete it to reinstall because roku took that option away too

11/10/23

dkayb1
Reel Rookie

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

I have been working on this for 2 weeks and can not get the updated app on newsmax.  Then I get an error code.

0 Kudos
FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

I just received this email from Newsmax this morning. I hope it helps with anyone still having issues.

Dear Newsmax Viewer,

Recently you contacted us about problems with Roku and Newsmax+.

Currently, you can watch Newsmax+ on Roku, although there were some initial glitches.

If you purchased a Newsmax+ subscription through Roku’s in-app purchase feature, your subscription may have not “synched” with Newsmax.

Please check your Roku device. If you can easily access the Newsmax channel, there is no problem.

If you can’t, your subscription may not have synched.

To fix this issue, you may follow these instructions:

1. Contact Roku for a full refund on your in-app purchase. Inform them you are unable to access Newsmax+ with your in-app purchase.
    1. Roku customer service contact: https://support.roku.com/en-gb/
  1. You can repurchase your subscription from Roku’s in-app purchase option or directly from our NewsmaxPlus.com website.

If you repurchased your subscription from NewsmaxPlus.com, here are instructions on how to log in on your Roku device.

Logging in with a subscription purchased from NewsmaxPlus.com:

1. Open the Newsmax app on your Roku device.
  2. Navigate to "Account Settings" in the left navigation menu.
  3. Select "Login" from the options.
  4. A gray box will appear containing a prefilled email address. Do not proceed. Close the gray box by pressing the back button one time.
  5. After closing the gray box, you should see a blue screen. Enter your Newsmax+ credentials on this screen to log in and start streaming.

If you signed in previously using your Roku credentials in the gray box but subscribed through NewsmaxPlus.com, please follow the instructions below to sign out and sign back in using your Newsmax+ credentials.

• Log out of the Newsmax app in account settings
  • Then, restart your Roku:
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.
  • Open the Newsmax app on your Roku device.
  • Navigate to "Account Settings" in the left navigation menu.
  • Select "Login" from the options.
  • A grey box will appear containing a prefilled email address. Do not proceed. Close the grey box by pressing the back button one-time.
  • After closing the grey box, you should see a blue screen. Enter your Newsmax+ credentials on this screen to log in and start streaming.

If you encounter any issues accessing our content, our customer support team is here to assist you. Please contact customer support via email at customerservice@newsmax.com

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to provide the best experience possible.

Sincerely,
Customer Support, Newsmax

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK I know exactly what the problem is this happened to me until I did it right whoever you paid for your service it was not and I’m sure it was not newsmaxplus.com that is the website that is where you pay for the service nowhere else. Get your money back from whoever you paid never pay for a service on an app. When you pay for them at the Rite location you’ll get a receipt on your email . Once you do that go back to Roku get rid of the app and then bring it back up it’s almost like refreshing yet and then go on Roku site and do all updates to your apps. That will fix it you can also watch it live on the app for Roku this is Roku live. Also watch it on Pluto type in Newsmax and you’ll get it saved in your favorites so it comes up first. Let me know how you do. You can never update anything or fix anything until you’ve actually paid for the service at the Rite location 

0 Kudos
dkayb1
Reel Rookie

How do you delete an app

0 Kudos
DRS222
Binge Watcher

Newsmax need to do some firing the employee(s) responsible for this mess!!  They should go back to offering their news broadcast free.

Ronr399
Channel Surfer

Any updates on Newsmax Plus on Roku?

it tells me my username or password are wrong but they are correct. 

they must have rookie programmers!!!! 

username777
Channel Surfer

i signed up  on newsmax but i went to roku   with newsmax ID password and sigmi feel for y  ed up for free trial  monthly and it now works on two different tvs

0 Kudos
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

So the "new" Newsmax is a pay for view, correct? And the free Newsmax live (Newsmax2) is only available on Roku Live, correct?

0 Kudos