Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pastor123
Streaming Star

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

first of all pay for Newsmax on newsmaxplus.com it’s the website not an app never pay for a service on an app. Two you got free two weeks that’s why you thought it was working. If you paid for it anywhere else get your money back once you pay for it on newsmaxplus.com you will be giving them your email address and using a password they will then send your receipt to your email . when you see the receipt in your email now go back to Roku and refresh your apps so you will get the new Newsmax Plus you should be able to get it on the app and on Roku live and on Pluto just make it your favorites you can get it up easier I highly advise you pay for the year so you don’t have to do this every time your membership runs out every month plus you save $10 let me know how you do 

0 Kudos
RPL53
Reel Rookie

Thus, the whole problem. Newsmax was working fine until last week. Then I somehow got logged out eventhough I have paid. Now Newsmax on ROKU wants me to sign up for a year. Won't let me log in or anything on the Newsmax+ site. Have stopped the monthly auto-renew that was going to run out next week. I have done the updates but nothing seems to get around the Pay For 1 Year NOW.

Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK One you must apply for Newsmax Plus on their website not ever on an app it’s a service you don’t pay on an app you go to newsmaxplus.com pay with anything but American Express as a credit card I would pay for a year it’s $10 cheaper and it’s cheap enough Using your email and a password to sign up .

now you’re going to have a receipt sent to your email once you get that receipt you can go into Roku and get rid of the Newsmax app and then bring it back up again or you can just update the app on the Roku site and doing so you will now get Newsmax Plus without any problems you can also get it on Roku live app and on Pluto app make it your favorites so you don’t hunt for it all the time. That’s it it’s not any harder than that if you did anything but what I just told you to it won’t work

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

if it was working and you did it any other way it’s because you get two weeks free

0 Kudos
RPL53
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the update. I am in the web site. It shows I am paid for 1 year starting 11/2/23. I have canceled the card but the web site is somewhat a non-functional page. I will work on this more & let ya know how I do in the next day or so. Thanks !

0 Kudos
Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

I've already done everything you've said and nothing!! I can't get it on my phone either and it's Verizon, no Roku!! I've gotten no receipt in an email. I've had to confirm my email. I'll look again on Roku Live. Thanks for the feedback!!

0 Kudos
Ronr399
Channel Surfer

Go to the app on Roku and go to the settings. Enter a password there and it should be fine. 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

Make sure you paid for Newsmax Plus on their website not on an app ever you only pay for service at their website so it’s newsmaxplus.com you’re gonna enter a password and your email you’re gonna pay for it with a credit card that cannot be American Express when you get a receipt on your email you should be good to go make sure you update your apps on Roku for a Newsmax and you should be fine if you want to you can remove the app and put it back again it’s the same thing. Roku has been working with this Max to make sure the updates will match once you’ve paid at the correct site. You’ll also get it on Pluto and Newsmax live app enjoy let me know if you have any problems I’ve taken care of over 600 responses with great  success 

0 Kudos
lthom
Reel Rookie

I have already paid for a year on newsmax's website. I didn't get a receipt in my email it just shows I paid 11/3/23 Still not working!!

0 Kudos
LynnB2

I finally found the Newsmax Plus app 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I did not have any trouble watching the channel until 4 days ago.  The programs will not stay on and I eventually get taken to a screen that says:  Source unavailable and try again.  What is wrong with this company?  I really feel like canceling my paid subscription.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.