Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abbym53601

Constant issues with peacock app

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and cleared the cache, and the following problems continue to happen. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this and how I might be able to resolve. 

First, autoplay NEVER works. When one episode of a show is done, the option to play the next appears, but when I select next episode, the loading screen (black screen with spinning wheel) appears and literally never loads the episode. Out of curiosity, the other day I selected “next episode” then left the house for about 4 hours for errands, and when I came back it was STILL stuck on the loading screen. I have to back out to the show’s menu and scroll through the episode list to play the next episode. 

Next, captions do not stay on. When I start playing another episode/different show or close/open the app, the captions are not showing. When I go to turn them on, the caption selection shows that they ARE turned on, but they do not show on screen. The only way i’ve been able to resolve this is by changing the audio to “english 5.1” (or back to “english” if 5.1 is already selected) then turning captions off and on again. 

These are silly issues but make using the peacock app really frustrating. Appreciate any guidance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.