Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmart
Reel Rookie

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

I called Roku's customer service line at 816-272-8106 and explained the situation, that I had not been able to connect to and view the channel since I subscribed. The agent was very polite and helpful and processed the refund, confirmed at my CC the next day.

I punched in my Newsmax account login and pw on the app on the roku and it was working fine last night. We'll see what happens tonight.

0 Kudos
M2Squared
Reel Rookie

I tried doing that but I get an error message "something went wrong". Roku customer support did refund my annual subscription fee. 

0 Kudos
shannmccul

this sucks I have to sign in every time i want to watch newsmax? this morning it worked on the third try. this doesnt happen with any other app! fix it please or i will cancel it, i'm still on the free first month but won't pay for this hassle. a shame because it's really the only place to hear mostly, the truth!

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK let’s try this again you didn’t buy it directly from newsmaxplus.com correct because if you didn’t you won’t be able to upload it onto your Roku app which needs to be updated so you have to remove the app and update it once you put it back in Roku has already done their updates so it should work fine it does for everybody else now however if you didn’t make a good payment you use the bad credit card or the payment didn’t go through and it’s asking you for your password and your email repeatedly that means you need to talk to billing Because it’s not responding to your payment. So if you did pay through newsmaxplus.com you should be able to stream on Roku live app in Roku also the Newsmax app once you get rid of it and bring it back up again refresh it and then update it and any other apps through Roku  and you can also get it on Pluto and make it your favorite so you can open it right up every time you going to Pluto app and that’s it the only reason you’re having a problem is because you tried to pay for it through the app you can’t do that 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK I need you to do exactly what I tell you to do or you’re not gonna get this fixed number one you must pay through newsmaxplus.com it’s a website not an app. Once you’ve gotten your receipt on your email that you paid for it and I would suggest a year so you don’t do this every month, then you go into Roku get rid of the Roku app and then bring it back up again then go into Roku and do updates on all the apps then you should be able to get your Newsmax on your Roku app just fine you can also get it on Roku live and on Pluto make sure to save it to favorites so it comes right up that should do it do not pay at any other site or on any app ever 

cudaus1
Channel Surfer

Can't get the new app on Pluto. Just the Newsmax 2. I did pay directly to Newsmax. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

The issue with the timeout or login not being sticky has a solution.

On the login options you are offered to use your email for Roku

login or to use a different email, so the solution is to select to

use a different email (even if it is the same as your email for Roku)

and enter or reenter the email associated with your Newsmax Plus

subscription and then enter the password for the Newsmax Plus.

The credentials for Newsmax plus will remain sticky if entered

into the app by this routing.  Entering the password in different

places will allow the Newsmax plus app to open but the login

will only stay in effect so long as you are using the app and

the login is not sticky when entered in different places like

Accounts.  Other paths for a login are not sticky and the

login will automatically logout or timeout if you switch to

a different channel and try to come back to Newsmax Plus.

But if you use this specific path to enter your credentials for

Newsmax Plus subscription associated email and password

then app will remember your login and not prompt you

every time you leave the app and return to it again.

This is a confirmed SOLUTION for the login not sticky issue.

0 Kudos
CatNTX

Yes, I am having the EXACT same problem! 

0 Kudos
MeowKat1

I uninstalled the app, and reinstalled and signed up for the 4.99 version on November 2, everything worked perfect, no buffering and the picture quality was great. A few times I had to sign in, which was a pain but it worked, I didn’t like the idea where I had to go through Roku for my payment but I was willing to try it. Last night I turned the tv and app on and it asked for sign in and I thought ok fine and when I signed it it popped up sign up for thr 49 dollar subscription, ok I will try that and when I did it came back as you have the 4.99 one, I tried going thru Roku on my IPad and checked my account same thing and I was stuck and it would not let me sign In or out. I called Roku and went through three different people with 3 different stories just to be told at the end Roku did not have an app for the current version of NewsmaxPlus, they never did answer my question of why and how did I have the app from November 2 until November 8, the accounting dept didn’t hesitate about canceling my account, which was the only thing I was happy about. I personally think that Newsmax dropped the ball by trying to roll out their new subscription service without having the providers and proper apps available. If they were hoping to gain customers they need to find a new PR person. 

Randy71
Reel Rookie

Today Newsmax Plus worked perfectly, without me performing any voodoo operations. I was so shocked I tried several more times and it continued to work. Looks like Newsmax got the problems fixed.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.