Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username/pswrd every time?

I have 2 Roku TV setups.  Having to relogin and supply username/pswrd everytime is NOT acceptable!  Does anyone know how to keep ROKU/NewsMax 'saved' so as to not have to do this?

0 Kudos
FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

I was able to log in to Newsmax+ on Roku this morning successfully. However, I still have to enter my password each time which is a pain. In addition, I still cannot log in to Newsmax+ on their website or on my phone, it states that I do not exist using the exact same credentials as on Roku.

I have also contacted Newsmax via email on their contact page multiple times and still no response.

Still not working. Why doesn't Newsmax address this issue out in the open. When you screw up the only option is to fess up and beg for forgiveness.

What we're getting from Newsmax is completely unacceptable. Admit you've got a problem - because you clearly do. Give everyone a rebate for the first month's subscription. Ask for forgiveness.

They've done none of that. Their public relations department (if they even have one...they clearly don't have a decent IT department) should demand management get out in front of this.

Sheilaann
Reel Rookie

Having same issue

0 Kudos
Jo39

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

Frustrating indeed!  Evidently not enough complaints to warrant a solution. 

0 Kudos
dwilke3886
Channel Surfer

I was told that Roku only uses the one platform, so when you add these additional networks through Roku you will be limited as to what devise you can use.  You need to add the Newsmax+ platform through Newsmax website and should be able to then use all of your devises......at least that's how it should work if Newsmax gets their act together.

0 Kudos
jfylstra

I can't log on and they wont answer the phone or call back.   I block their pay.....   lucky I only sign for the month to month service.

0 Kudos
Hoglady716
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problem although I have never been able to watch live Newsmax plus...paid full year through Roku and can't even watch!  Trying since Saturday with absolutely no success.. they are fast to take the full year but forget the service!  And yes I've also got the error code message and prompting me to pay for a monthly subscription! Called Roku they sent me to Newsmax customer service left several messages with phone numbers and still nothing! So disappointed, wish I knew what else to do

Enkii
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

Today, 11/7/2023, Newsmax continues to experience issues. Samsung TV's, and LG TV show sporadic error codes with regards to Newsmax Plus.  The error codes will say Error Cod {error code}.  Or it will tell you that you are signed out and need to sign in again.  Or it will say "Something Went Wrong".   Calling Newsmax at the customer service number will get you to a menu.  Ultimately you will not be able to talk to a customer support representative.  You will have the option to leave a voicemail.  I have done this since November2.  They have not called me back.  

This is the absolute worst rollout of any updated software program.  The management and programmers, IT, and all involved with this fiasco should be fired.  Period.

This is NOT Roku's fault.  Complete onus goes to Newsmax.

username777
Channel Surfer

i believe they were not informed by direct tv until a day late and not prepared for this paid streaming and its being delibertly  crashed   so we will cancel  hang in there as we need newsmax plus   remember direct tv  tried to remove them a year ago and too many people dropping direct tv  put newsmax back on    

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.