Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xela18954
Reel Rookie

Unable to watch personal videos in Roku's YouTube channel

I cannot watch my own personal videos on the YouTube channel on any of my Roku devices, and I have old and new ones. There are no such issues on other, non-Roku devices, like Android TV and Vizio TV. This started rarely recently, like a week or 2 ago.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to watch personal videos in Roku's YouTube channel

So what you are saying is if you launch the YouTube channel on your Roku and go to your subscriptions nothing plays? Are you signed into your Google account on the YouTube channel of your Roku? Can you play any videos? Roku does not develop the YouTube channel. Google does. Try these steps. Remove the YouTube channel, restart your Roku, re add the YouTube channel. 

0 Kudos
xela18954
Reel Rookie

I'm logged in to the Google account. Subscriptions work fine but if, in the YouTube channel, when I navigate to Library --> Your Videos, I don't see private videos that I recorded.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the YouTube channel. Didn't help 

Streamer317
Roku Guru

The Roku version of YouTube that Google puts out does not have other features one might find like the web based edition. This is not a function of your Roku. This is how Google has coded it to work on the Roku platform. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Can-t-view-my-own-private-videos-when-signed-...

xela18954
Reel Rookie

It did work only a week ago.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

As the link indicates as stated by a Roku Community mod you need to contact Google. It’s on there end since they developed the channel 

demsd
Roku Guru

That does not make it a Roku issue. You'll need to contact YouTube. It could have been something removed in a recent update.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
candj
Reel Rookie

Same here, this worked for years and my personal videos just disappeared November, 2022???

0 Kudos