Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSB
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

This started happening to me a couple of weeks ago. It went away for a few games, but it has now happened the last FIVE games in a row. I did everything. Reboots, reinstalling app, rebooting router...everything...numerous times. Still does it. I have two Rokus...an Ultra from 2019 and an Ultra from 2020...and it happens on both. And, at the EXACT same spots in the game on both Rokus!  If you go back and replay it the next day, it happens again in the exact same spots!  There is obviously some glitch in the broadcast that causes a crash with your Roku. 

So, it's obviously not a problem on our end. Just to bring this point home...and feel free to reference this should any of you contact MLB TV...my father also has a Roku and it happens to him in exactly the same spots in the game where it happens with me! (Roku Express, in his case.)  To bring this point further home...my father called up his buddy who lives 50 miles away (and uses a Roku).  He has a completely different internet provider. It happened to HIM at the exact same points in the game!

So no...it's not us!  DON'T let them tell you that you have a problem with your connection and/or internet.

It's a obviously a problem on MLB TV's end. Since they already have your money for the year, and because most people use their Smart TVs (which seem to not have an issue), they don't care.

So, don't waste your time knocking yourselves out. It's them. I have a Smart TV in the bedroom which I'll start viewing on for the time being, but I'm going to go out and buy an Amazon Firestick for the non-Smart TV in the living room.

Kash52
Binge Watcher

Thank you so much for stating this.   Hopefully, MLBTV will figure issues out and fix it sooner rather than later!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

However in the meantime, can you please provide us the following information so we can investigate further:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GMHarra
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problems. Fortunately I have the Bally Sports app so I’m still able to catch many games. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@GMHarra

I hope you're doing well.

Please reply here with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R above. Once we have those, we'll be able to forward them to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GMHarra
Reel Rookie

I logged off the app and was going to delete it until I saw there was an update option. I updated and logged back onto the MLB app using my MLB.com password. I’ve just finished watching an enjoyable Rays/Angels game without incident. 

0 Kudos
tee_run
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app and it’s May 7

Hi PeteM15,

I too had the same issue..."retry connectivity error." Tried everything: reboot roku device, did updates, rebooted router, etc. Nothing worked...so frustrating! I called mlb.tv and they recorded my issue and said someone would get back to me. I received an email today from mlb. They told me to do the following and IT WORKED!!!!

"Please follow these steps below on your Roku device

1. Press the Home button.
2. Select the Settings option.

3. Select System
4. Choose the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Pick the option called Network Connection Reset. (Don't select Factory Reset)
6. Press the select button on Reset Connection to clear all of your network connection settings.

This will reboot the Roku device.

Please advise you will have to reconnect to the WiFi after the Roku restarts."

I was skeptical at first, but as I said, it actually worked!!! I'm watching baseball tonight for the first time in weeks on the mlb.tv app without the connectivity error!! I hope it works for you. Hit me back and let me know.

tee_run

dlee0708
Binge Watcher

@dlee0708 One thing that could be the different is I actually have a different device than mom. Mom has the $34.95 Roku Express 4K Model 3940RW and I have Roku 3930RW that Roku offered me for $19.95 (normally $29.95) as an upgrade of my old 3700X. So it's possible the 3940RW avoids the problem. If when she watches the 5/6/22 game and its successful without any network errors and I still get errors I may get a 3940RW for myself and see if that fixes it for me. My feeling it won't fix it otherwise we would have heard about it.

Well, this sure surprised me.  My mom has been out of the apartment the past several days and so I could play around with it. I watched the 5/6/22 St. Louis game on my mom's 3940RW Roku at the same time I ran the same game on my 3930RW Roku. I did this twice and both times my mom's successfully played the entire game without any interruptions. On mine it failed both times, not at the exact same spot but within a couple of minutes of each other (8th inning). I then ran it again on mine a third time (but did not run it on my mom's) and mine failed again somewhere around the 8th inning again.

I tried the network reset that @tee_run said he received an email from the mlb network that worked for him, but that did not help my problem on my 3930RW device.

I went to Walmart and bought the $34.95 3940RW Roku like my mom has and installed it on my service and successfully watched the 5/6/22 St, Louis game 2 times without any interruptions. Just to make sure (because some time had elapsed since I tried it on the 3930RW device) I tried to watch the 5/6/22 St. Louis game again on the 3930RW and again it failed in the 8th inning. 

So I think this explains why my mom has had near flawless play on her Roku (3940 RW) who has watched a lot of games and on mine I have gotten many network errors (or just plain MLB app exiting/crash) because she has the 3940RW device and I had the 3930RW device. I can't say for sure that is the difference, but all I can say is my mom's 3940RW unit has watched every game (except for 1 time) up to and including the 5/6/22 game without any problems and I have seen several interruptions with the 3930RW unit (I don't watch the games that much).

As far as the Live game problem, both units when going to a Live game experience the same problem everyone else has been having in that it starts at the beginning of the game and you have to fast forward to get Live. So the 3940RW unit does not fix that. 

The info on  the 3930RW device that is experiencing the problem is:

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400KV28K7

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Device ID: S009318V28K7

Occurs on MLB app Version 8.0 - build 5

Tracker Info:

Model:3930RW - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400KV28K7 (S009318V28K7)

Software Version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-AE

Timestamp: 2022-05-14T23:26:51Z

Issue ID K7-192-926

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select game on 5/6/22 with St. Louis

2. Select Video feed STL:BSMWX

3. Just let game run thru without fast forwarding. Error typically occurs right around 8th inning.

The MLB app just exits and you are back at the Roku Home screen. I have tried to get the error quicker by fast forwarding to the 7th inning and start from there but didn't get the error to occur when I did that, so I assume you have to watch the game all the way thru to get the error (total guess on my part).

-Don

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Able to reproduce the error I am getting and updated my previous post with the pertinent data (tracking ID, steps etc).

0 Kudos
Kash52
Binge Watcher

I think MLB FIXED the network error issue!!!  We've watched the past two Cub games (not live) and BOTH games played all the way through without error!!!

Whoever worked on this...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!

0 Kudos