Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceejayred73
Reel Rookie

Re: MLB.TV 2022 Only Starts From Beginning

I'm having the same issue here. I also have a FireStick with MLB.TV and it works as it should. 

Not Roku's problem? Maybe not. However there is definitely an issue with watching MLB.TV on Roku, no matter who is responsible for "fixing" it. 

0 Kudos
Joebracchi
Reel Rookie

This has been very frustrating.   I called MLB and they were absolutely useless and blamed Roku.    It seems like one of the feeds, home or away, starts from the beginning and the other goes live.   So yes, you can fast forward it, but it is frustrating.   

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

Update on my situation. 

So my mom has watched 5 games since I got the new Roku for her and all of them went all the way thru the game except for one. And that is the only game that she started watching before the game ended. So IOW, all the games she watched successfully the game was already over. The one game that was still running when she started watching is the only one that had problems. I assume she got a network error but not sure. 

I also for myself got the upgrade of my old 3700 Express to the new 3930RW Express with the discount offer that Roku extended to me for $19.95 and installed it for my TV and able to successfully watch a game (haven't used it much, but certainly works better than the old 3700 which I can rarely watch more than 30 seconds before it starts to fail).

Kash52
Binge Watcher

dlee0708

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos

Exact same problem with my Roku Express +.  I have tried all the fixes and still not working.  Will Roku do something about it? It's obviously a Roku issue.  I get the games fine on my computer.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Floridamike1  Roku does not develop the MLB channel. MLB does. So it will be up to them to correct. But the MLB channel is filled with complaints across all platforms. They have serious issues to address 

froglips

Same issue Roku Streambar, select "Live" this year it always starts from the beginning.  Have to fast forward to get to actual live game.

0 Kudos
chrisdem
Channel Surfer

Since the start of the season I will try to watch a game that is already in progress and it will start at the pregame.  I have to fast forward to get to the live stream.  This happens on my Roku TV, Ultra, Ultra LT and Express.  Annoying but finally realizing I can fast forward at least lets me watch the games live.

0 Kudos
GlennCastle
Reel Rookie

@chrisdem When I start watching or when I hit the Up Cursor on the remote, the "Broadcast Options" bar appears. In there there is an icon for jumping to live, it is the Arrow beside the CC Closed Captioning icon. You can navigate to that icon and select it to jump to live.

6ee74a350b5a41eaec2d5557371dfe33.png
0 Kudos
tonypale

I WAS able to fix the problem.

After clicking watch live, the box comes up " your game will be on shortly"

Press your down arrow, the progress bar will appear, click on it once and two small circles will appear just above the left side of the bar, the other will have a back arrow, click on this one, A quick bubble will come up says :jump to live" and thats it

Tony Pale

0 Kudos