Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: MLB.TV 2022 Only Starts From Beginning

MLB.TV Twitter feed is filled with complaints. Not related to Roku. Not much else to tell you. 

0 Kudos
Yankees0315
Channel Surfer

I’ll repeat. You could have gotten the point across in a much friendlier manner in the first two replies,

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

My first reply was “Roku does not develop the MLB channel. So it’s best to reach out to the MLB TV network and ask them. Be sure your Roku is up to date”. How was that unfriendly? 

0 Kudos
Yankees0315
Channel Surfer

How about starting with something like “Sorry that you’re having issues” and ending with “I hope this helps.”

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

This is an open community. I don’t work for Roku. I gave you an honest and straight forward answer. 😀

0 Kudos
Yankees0315
Channel Surfer

That’s the thing though. You didn’t give me an answer. You made a statement. I asked at the start if anyone else was experiencing the issue. You didn’t answer that question until later.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Are you gonna keep going and going and going with the energizer bunny? The truth is it is not a Roku issue. If you look up any channel on the Roku channel list it’ll tell you who the developer is. You don’t complain to Chevrolet about what’s going on with your Ford do you? I gave you an honest answer. Sorry it’s not the one you wanted to hear but it’s the truth. Roku can’t fix it and even they will tell you this. If you search this community and Google you will see a lot of people complaining about MLB.TV

0 Kudos
Yankees0315
Channel Surfer

The problem with a lot of “tech savvy” people is their brains are programmed to act robotic and give condescending responses regardless of whether they are called for. You keep telling me it’s an MLB issue and not a Roku one. I never disagreed from a technical standpoint. I just said I think it would be a good customer service move if Roku acted on our behalves. Are you saying it wouldn’t be? Forget about the fact of who is to blame. What’s your opinion? The Ford and Chevy metaphor doesn’t make sense. They’re competitors. Roku is one of MLB tv’s devices.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

My Ford and Chevrolet reference is relevant. Suppose you own a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado and it’s stalling. Would you complain to Ford? No. Cause Ford did not develop your truck. Roku did not develop the MLB channel. Therefore your complaint needs to go to them. But a simple Google search will yield tons of bugs with the MLB app across all platforms. I watch the Sox on my Roku TV using the NESN channel with zero issues 

https://downdetector.com/status/mlb-tv/

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/63wxlc/psa_fix_for_mlbtv_lagstuttering_in_2017/

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.