Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

DJ64: So today, 4/10/22 I gave in and went & bought a new Roku (3941, $30). Hooked it all up, logged in to MLB first and picked a game from yesterday (since todays games are not yet started) and it played just fine. Set up all my other apps, mainly Sling & Espn even though they were fine on my old one. But, the new 3941 navigates through the menus faster than my older 3700X and the play, pause, rewind controls also respond much faster, so that's nice.

So I guess I'm good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to hear your new Roku install went as smoothly as mine did. Definite relief. I was getting ready for a Oh geez, now what. But fortunately it went as smooth as silk. And with the quicker response of the newer Roku makes it worth it even if they fix the problems for the older 3700X, I would still feel it was not money wasted.

0 Kudos
braves44
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku ultra and am experiencing the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Those with 3700 express, see if you have discount on your upgrade page for newer roku to replace the 3700? 

Roku | My offers

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ccaron
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue with MLB.tv since opening day - no problem with Spring Training games. The network error - retry error repeatedly appears, and/or warranting a re-start - totally annoying, makes watching mlb miserable. Problem does not occur during condensed games - only full games.  

0 Kudos
Joebracchi
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with my Roku broadcast.   You should be able to choose which feed you would like to see, but one of them starts you from the beginning of the game.   You can work around this by choosing the feed that works and then press the down arrow on your remote to select which feed you want.   It will then show you the live and not start from the beginning.   I called MLB about this and they were absolutely useless.   They first told me that I could not be connected to another device and watch the Roku at the same time.   I told them they were incorrect about that of course and then they said what I was describing was not possible so I guess I was lying to them.   Anyway, use the work around that I told you and you will be able to see your teams live feed.

0 Kudos
DJ64
Channel Surfer

Update 4/11 : I'm not so good. I said my first MLB try on the new Roku worked fine, but I jumped the gun. By the 2nd inning of the game I get the "network error, retry" message. I hit retry, it starts playing again and after 10 seconds the error comes back, again & again, every 10 sec after retry. It was so bad that since the Philly/NY game was on FS1, I used my Slingtv to record the game instead of relying on the MLB app

I haven't taken my complaint to MLB yet, just haven't had the time. And they don't seem to have the fan forums like they used to, to report issues. Probably became too much work for them. I'm glad I only paid for one month of MLB so far, cause if nothing improves, that's all they're getting out of me. And I've been getting the MLB season for the last 15 straight years!

0 Kudos
Kash52
Binge Watcher

We watch games after they are finished on MLBTV via Roku. Our TV service is through Spectrum. Never a problem until this year. However, This year (2022) We would watch the game and it would randomly stop and the message "network error" would appear. VERY FRUSTRATING! I wrote MLBTV and received  no response. Upon doing further research, I UPDATED the MLBTV app on our TV and  after the update we were able to watch the game without any issues!

Try Updating the MLBTV app on Roku!  

0 Kudos
DJ64
Channel Surfer

Re: Kash52

I had updated my old Roku before I bought a new one, but my first try with the new one got the "network error" just like you mentioned, which was on Monday 4/11/22. I also watch games "on-demand", as I work overnight from home and watch while I'm up all night, as I am usually sleeping when they're live.

Last night  I made my next try to watch a game, and it actually played all the way through without a glitch.

Needless to say I was very pleased and hope it stays that way.

Jmac5

Have the exact problem with a roku smart tv and on another using a roku streaming device.  Was watching TB vs Oakland A’s.  The TB broadcast would only show pregame while the A’s broadcast was fine.  Spent over an hour with mlb.tv support but could not get the TB broadcast, still happening the same, anyone know how to fix?

0 Kudos
Slave2MLB
Reel Rookie

Just max fast forward to get to LIVE broadcast if stuck on pre-game etc. 

MLB go to LIVE button still not working on many random streams. Still on version 8.0 build 3. Fingers crossed next update will fix. At least Network Errors haven’t occurred in a while. 

0 Kudos