Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve-Costa
Reel Rookie

Unable to log in to Acorn TV after re-subscribing

I just re-subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku billing.

When I attempt to watch I get the message:

You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to sign in. 2500-000000-607

When I use the Acorn login feature I use the email ID and password that I use for Roku. But I get the same message.

What is happening here? I've used Acorn before without this problem.

Also, when I use support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options to try to contact an agent, I get the "Let's get in touch" message, but it never goes anywhere, just keeps Loading...Loading...Loading...

Is there no way to contact tech support?

Steve Costa

19 REPLIES 19
Steve-Costa
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to log in to Acorn TV after re-subscribing

Tried to delete this reply

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steve-Costa,
Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this concern. We're happy to help.

Since you've recently re-subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku, try to perform the following steps below to properly reboot the channel so that changes reflect:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  • After adding Acorn TV, try logging in with your account credentials once again.

Alternatively, try checking for an update of the app by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.
If the issue is persistent, visit our Account and Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments, and subscriptions" category. There should be an option where you can talk to one of our live representatives.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steve-Costa
Reel Rookie

There is no "Remove" option when I press * .  I've seen the option on other channels before, but it's not there for Acorn, at least on my device.

I've restarted the Roku device, but it did not fix this problem.

I've checked for updates, but the Acorn app is up to date.

I've used the option to try to talk to an agent, but as I said in my original message, it say "Let's get in touch" and "Loading", but nothing more happens. Is somebody supposed to come on line and reply? How else can I get some direct help?

This is very frustrating. I am paying for a subscription that I am unable to use.

Steve Costa

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steve-Costa,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with removing the Acorn TV channel. Please check out this link here for more ways on how you can remove channels from your Roku streaming device since you are not seeing the remove channel option when pressing the * button.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please keep us posted.
All the best
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erinlaf
Reel Rookie

I don’t know if you ever got this resolved but after HOURS on the phone with Roku tech and billing and bunch of emails with acorn it finally came down to this from acorn. There was more to it but it was an easy fix after this and I told them many people are having a problem. Again, this email was from acorn directly, not Roku. I had to send a screenshot of my cancellation and they applied to my new subscription  

So sorry for the continued trouble with your Acorn TV membership! With our recent app update, we’ve changed systems to improve performance and reliability. For a small number of customers, our old system was unable to export complete subscription information. Unfortunately, your subscription appears to be one of those.  

We suggest that you cancel your subscription via your app store and resubscribe directly on our website in a browser. We can then add credit for the remainder of your paid-for subscription and for any lost time!

0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

Like @steve_costa, I'm unable to either log in to Acorn or remove the channel to reinstall it.  I resubscribed night before last and haven't been able to watch the channel since.  I've followed all the instructions provided in the thread I'm replying to, but the instructions don't match what I find either on my Roku device or on roku.com.  There is no way to remove the channel and there is no way to cancel the subscription.  Please help me resolve this.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @verino,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing the same issue going on with your Acorn TV subscription. We'd like to help.

Could you tell us if you're seeing any error messages? 

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

Yes.  I'm getting the message "You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to sign in. 2500-000000-607"

I've tried my Roku credentials in the Acorn login screen, but have had no success.  I tried going to Acorn in the Roku Channel, but the only option there is to start a free trial - it doesn't offer me the opportunity to log in to the subscription I've paid for.

0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

Any suggestions?  I answered the question, but so far I'm no closer to having access to the content I've paid for than I was three days ago.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.