Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to log in to Acorn TV after re-subscribing

Hi @verino,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on Acorn TV. Kindly try to update your channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star (*) button, and selecting Check for updates. This will ensure that your app is up-to-date. After doing so, please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

I tried both of those things last night, but I just followed your instructions and did them again.  I still got the same 2500-000000-607 error message.  I tried logging out of Acorn (I remained logged in despite restarting the system) and entered my Roku credentials with the same result. 

0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL...Waiting for the promised assistance.  I followed the instructions you gave me last night - no joy.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @verino,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with Acorn TV. How are you trying to access the Acorn TV channel? Is it on the Roku channel, or is it available directly on your home screen?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

I have been using the Acorn app, but I also tried accessing it through the Roku channel.  The Acorn app (on my Roku stick) recognizes that I have a subscription, but not through Acorn.  The Roku channel only offers me a free trial.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@verino, you can only use premium services through The Roku Channel if you subscribe through The Roku Channel.  It's honestly the most restrictive way to subscribe to something as it's limited to viewing through The Roku Channel on Roku devices.  A subscription through The Roku Channel won't work on any stand-alone app and vice versa.

It's not clear if you're having a problem or if you're just wondering why you can't view Acorn through The Roku Channel.  Is the issue that you've subscribed to Acorn through Roku, but not through The Roku Channel, and you still can't use the Acorn app on your stick, but you can use it on another Roku device linked to the same Roku account?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
verino
Channel Surfer

Sorry to be unclear.  I renewed my subscription on the Roku website.  The error message gave me the impression that I might need to view Acorn on the Roku Channel, which is why I tried there.  I only have the Roku stick, other than using my browser (I haven't tried viewing Acorn there).  I would prefer to be able to watch Acorn as I always have, via the Acorn jewel on my Roku stick interface on my TV.

0 Kudos
renojim

@verino, I found this fix from a very similar thread from last year:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Acorn-Tv-not-allowing-me-to-watch/m-p/842235/highligh...

There seems to be some kind of issue when people renew a Roku subscription to Acorn.  There's another suggestion in that thread to cancel the Roku subscription and sign up directly with Acorn.  That's what I'd do if the fix doesn't work.

verino
Channel Surfer

@renojim -Thank you!  That fixed the problem.  I don't see anywhere to "accept as solution", but I did give you a thumbs up.  FYI, I would have tried cancelling the subscription and starting over through the Acorn app, but there was no way to do that.  I tried the app and my account on the Roku website.  There is a 'manage subscription' option, but cancel isn't one of the choices.

0 Kudos
renojim

@verino, glad you got it worked out!  They may have changed the wording from "cancel" to something like "stop autorenew".  I don't subscribe to anything through Roku so I couldn't say.  Only the creator of the thread (or a moderator) can mark a post as the solution, but thanks for the "Kudo".  🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.