Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missjenniferd1
Channel Surfer

Re: Need Twitter TV app please

For anyone trying to watch tucker on twitter, there's posts being uploaded on YouTube and on rumble. That's the only way I have been able to watch it on tv through roku. I was able to watch his first episode by using webvideocaster app but after the first episode that stopped working for twitter even though the app still works for casting other websites. Something in the coding for twitter changed, so I gave up and just watch on rumble.

0 Kudos
missjenniferd1
Channel Surfer

Re: Twitter TV Not found in channel lineup

For anyone trying to watch tucker on twitter, there's posts being uploaded on YouTube and on rumble. That's the only way I have been able to watch it on tv through roku. I was able to watch his first episode by using webvideocaster app but after the first episode that stopped working for twitter even though the app still works for casting other websites. Something in the coding for twitter changed, so I gave up and just watch on rumble.

0 Kudos
Surf
Channel Surfer

If you're telling me that Roku is woke then I'm not using it anymore because woke is broke. Yes there are thousands of people here that want to watch Tucker because he still cares about our country unlike all of you Democrats awake or asleep.

Surf
Channel Surfer

It's not about Elon making an app. What about the app that already existed long before Elon ever purchased Twitter? Yes you Democrats have very short memories. Alas, the old Twitter owners were the ones that did away with Roku Twitter app.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The app was most likely removed by Twitter because nobody was using it at the time. Just how many people, a few years ago, wanted to watch Twitter videos on their TV? 

Mortacan

As far as I know Roku does not allow adult sexual content.  Twitter/ x does.  Maybe someone knows what product can be used.  Roku removed the hidden adult channels.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Roku didn't remove hidden channels. They just removed the ability to add channels by special codes, which was supposed to be for beta testing. It was abused for adult and pirated material. It was replaced by a proper beta test system with limited user counts and test time.

Surf
Channel Surfer

It's fn 2023 and Roku thinks its ok to ignore all of these requests? I will never buy another Roku product ever again. My remote issue is still not fixed even though I switched TVs. HOW CAN ANY BIG COMPANY THINK IT'S OK TO OUTSOURCE ITS CUSTOMER SERVICE TO IT'S CONSUMERS WITH A FORUM?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Please read the full thread. Roku does not write apps other than The Roku Channel. It is up to services and developers to write apps.

And what does Twitter have to do with remotes?

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Surf If you login to your Roku account and follow a few steps you can speak to an agent.  You decided to post on a forum where users try to help other users so you could make a political point.  If you want help with your remote issue speak to a Roku agent.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.